Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I have a 2022 Polaris Pro XP 4 Sport. I'm looking to buy a belt to keep as a spare in case I run into issues with the stock one. Do you have a recommendation of belt to get? My driving habits are as follows. Most of the time we are riding trails so I keep in in Low gear. There are times where we go pretty fast through trails, and other times we use a moderate speed. Going fast down roads in high fires not happen too often, but from time to time we do. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
OEM, install it, break it in, keep old as spare.

FWIW I changed out all my cover bolts with ones that have bigger heads - available at HD or Lowe's - makes taking them off and putting them back a WHOLE lot easier and the OEM are spares in case I drop one or 2 in the sand.

Also FWIW: I have a Hunter belt as a spare as well. His vids are very convincing and I think he knows his stuff when it comes to CVT's - haven't tried it yet so... YMMV

Another FWIW: I took 2 new belts and ran them through the dishwasher when the DW was out on errands. Was told to do this by a friend that owns a tire company - gets the manufacturing oils off the surfaces and makes break in go better - also heat cycles more gently. Maybe it was worth it or maybe not - no way to tell for sure but I've never had belt problems. Again, YMMV.

·
Registered
2022 RZR Pro XP4
595 Posts
OEM, install it, break it in, keep old as spare.

FWIW I changed out all my cover bolts with ones that have bigger heads - available at HD or Lowe's - makes taking them off and putting them back a WHOLE lot easier and the OEM are spares in case I drop one or 2 in the sand.
Pro XP clutch cover bolts stay in the cover when you take it off. No possibility of losing one in the sand.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts