Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered two 2022 RS1's in August, the dealer is hoping to have them in October. Has anyone taken delivery of 2022 yet?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
i had posted this in a couple of other threads but i think its still relevant here
jmo
i wouldn't buy anything that isn't an absolute necessity due to the fact that, most if not every manufacturer is scrambling for components and parts. whether they'd be electronic or hard parts.
their subcontractors are substituting components with sub-par materials and rushed manufacturing processes, which even on a good day wouldn't pass qc. leading to elevated return rates and premature failures.
the mentality is, get it out the door, lets get paid, and we'll deal with it when it boomerangs back.
if it were me, i would look past the 21-22 model year and into the 23-24 model year, or when all this sh!t blows over for about year or so.
jm2c

·
Registered
2 Posts
@mozart what you say makes total sense. As a matter of fact, had I not already bought (can't easily return) a bunch of stuff for the machine I would have cancelled the order a couple months back.

I am curious though, do you have personal industry insight, or where did you get this from:

"their subcontractors are substituting components with sub-par materials and rushed manufacturing processes, which even on a good day wouldn't pass qc. leading to elevated return rates and premature failures. "

Anyway, I guess I'll just hope that eventually the machine I do get isn't too compromised. Looks like the extended warranty will be a no brainer.

Jaxon

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
18+ yrs working for GM
now im an IT Sys admin.
as an example for subpar chips.
a couple VERY large drive mfg's were caught substituting their nand flash for QLC nand flash
and NOT changing SKU's
this is basic drive storage that is in everything and nand storage is EVERY WHERE

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update,
Status on our 2022 RS1's have a date of October 29th delivery, but with the craziness of today's environment? we'll see

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Count Down, My dealer informed me today 10/26, the expected delivery is now November 8th - November 24th

·
Registered
394 Posts
LET THE FUN BEGIN !
And the endless spending of money on accessories and modifications 😁😁😁

·
Registered
17 Posts
Congratulations! These things are awesome! It appears yours is like mine and has the knock off bighorns. When did polaris start putting these junk tires on?

·
Registered
2021 xp turbo4
641 Posts
Congratulations! These things are awesome! It appears yours is like mine and has the knock off bighorns. When did polaris start putting these junk tires on?
My xpt had them too. Picked it up early June last year. They lasted 1 ride. Lol. I held on to them til the factory warranty was up. They still sold within a week of posting them for sale tho

·
Registered
17 Posts
My xpt had them too. Picked it up early June last year. They lasted 1 ride. Lol. I held on to them til the factory warranty was up. They still sold within a week of posting them for sale tho
I think it was your thread I found asking about these tires. It's really a bs move on polaris's part shipping units out w these. My Rs1 rips w the ripsaws and I like the peace of mind beadlocks bring. Just gotta sell the stock set.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Finally my 2022 rs1 with accessories

Here's my 2022 rs1 with accessories, here's a video

1 - 13 of 13 Posts