Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
I agree the ones on the lower radius rods SUCK! Looking at some chromoly weld in nuts so I dont have to worry about getting a wrench in there lol

·
Registered
Polaris 2021 Pro XP 4 Premium
692 Posts
If you haven't purchased your S&B particle separator I highly suggest you DO NOT use the under fender mount.

The are numerous problems with that unit. Myself, my neighbor and others here have issues that it just does not work as they advertise. It allows too much dust into your air box. I have been working with S&B on this since November. All fixes have been installed as well as a totally new unit installed by S&B at my house. Nothing they have done has fixed the excessive dust problem.

This photo is with driving about 200 miles in the Arizona desert. My neighbor has all the issues I have.

If you must use S&B I recommand their rollbar particle separator. The under fender unit just can not handle the anount of dust because the intake is located on the side of the bed in the rear. Personally I think it's a design issue but S&B will not admit that.

Building Grey Hood Urban design Engineering

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
If you haven't purchased your S&B particle separator I highly suggest you DO NOT use the under fender mount.

The are numerous problems with that unit. Myself, my neighbor and others here have issues that it just does not work as they advertise. It allows too much dust into your air box. I have been working with S&B on this since November. All fixes have been installed as well as a totally new unit installed by S&B at my house. Nothing they have done has fixed the excessive dust problem.

This photo is with driving about 200 miles in the Arizona desert. My neighbor has all the issues I have.

If you must use S&B I recommand their rollbar particle separator. The under fender unit just can not handle the anount of dust because the intake is located on the side of the bed in the rear. Personally I think it's a design issue but S&B will not admit that.

View attachment 696476

View attachment 696476
Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunatly I already had the fender style installed (dealer) before I read of the issues people are having with this style. Hopefully I'm one of the lucky ones who doesn't have issues with it. Will be keeping a close eye on the filter..
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
692 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunatly I already had the fender style installed (dealer) before I read of the issues people are having with this style. Hopefully I'm one of the lucky ones who doesn't have issues with it. Will be keeping a close eye on the filter..
View attachment 696478
What area of the viuntry do you ride.

I'm in southwest Arizona and the dust here horrendous!

If you ride where it's not so dry you might be ok.

·
Registered
51 Posts
By the time I get everything installed on my Pro 2 seater, warranty will be over. I have a full clutch kit to install from AA & glass windshield. Have .9 miles on it now from driving up on trailer & unloading to garage. Are we having fun yet! The day will come, if I can afford the clear fuel to put in it😭 My wife always says you can't buy something without being an accessory guy😂 I can't help it!
.9 miles, wow long trailer

·
Registered
43 Posts
@superjunior this has been a great thread! It's always cool to see what others are doing for their builds. You've def put a lot of work into your rig; it looks awesome man!

Curious how that rear windshield works out. The gaps that those ones have, have had me contemplating, as there aren't very many options that work with the rear speakers it seems.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
@superjunior this has been a great thread! It's always cool to see what others are doing for their builds. You've def put a lot of work into your rig; it looks awesome man!

Curious how that rear windshield works out. The gaps that those ones have, have had me contemplating, as there aren't very many options that work with the rear speakers it seems.
Thank you sir, build is almost done. Will post up about the rear window after I run it. Yep the gaps are annoying and the window itself seems pretty cheap, only thing I can find to work with the rear speekers. Should at least keep a crap ton of mud out of the cab tho..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thank you sir, build is almost done. Will post up about the rear window after I run it. Yep the gaps are annoying and the window itself seems pretty cheap, only thing I can find to work with the rear speekers. Should at least keep a crap ton of mud out of the cab tho..
You're welcome. Yea, outside of custom fabing one that isn't meant for the speakers, it seemed that was the only one. Or a mesh "window", which wouldn't likely help much with keeping dust off the kiddo in the back.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I too am in AZ. Here's what my filter housing looks like after two 20 mile rides. I'll be calling S&B next week. Disappointing for sure.
Good luck with S&B fixing your problem. I've applied all their fixes along with S&B installing a complete new unit. It took from November until April untill they finally admitted my air box is not warped. Their last email to me was pretty much well your on your we're done. It's still not fixed and nothing resolved. I'm just left hanging with an inferior product that doesn't work and does not preform as advertised.

S&B did work with me, but they could not resolved the issue and just quit.

I really believed that under fender unit has a massive design flaw and S&B should stop selling it until it gets redesigned to work properly.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I think there may be some unrealistic expectations of the S&B particle separator. I see guys with a faint amount of a dusty layer in their airbox after riding a couple hundred miles in the dry, dusty desert and they are disappointed that the air box is not spotless clean. The particle separator is not intended to eliminate the need for a filter, but rather it is to greatly reduce the dirt that gets to the filter. They advertise a 94% reduction… and I think they likely exceed that. S&B provided some upgrades to me and after a couple hundred desert miles I banged my filter on a clean rag. I only got enough dust to barely stain the rag. I’d call that success.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think there may be some unrealistic expectations of the S&B particle separator. I see guys with a faint amount of a dusty layer in their airbox after riding a couple hundred miles in the dry, dusty desert and they are disappointed that the air box is not spotless clean. The particle separator is not intended to eliminate the need for a filter, but rather it is to greatly reduce the dirt that gets to the filter. They advertise a 94% reduction… and I think they likely exceed that. S&B provided some upgrades to me and after a couple hundred desert miles I banged my filter on a clean rag. I only got enough dust to barely stain the rag. I’d call that success.
I have the same experience with mine, and the same opinion. I didn't have any problems with the S&B under the wheel well unit. 1000 miles and two or three gentle tap-outs of the filter and I'm running clean.

61 - 80 of 82 Posts