Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
just going to strip and repaint the uppers
So I started out on this same route. I bought the lowers and a set of kryptonite ball joints thinking I was just going to use the stock uppers. My powder coat guy was going to charge me almost as much to strip and re-powder them black as a set of L&W uppers cost. I just bought the L&W uppers along with some billet tie rods. I then got the billet radius rods and just recently replaced the stock trailing arms with the L&W steel trailing arms with Billet sway bar links. The only stock part left is the rear swaybar. I ended up selling all of the stock suspension pieces and was able to recoup some of the money I spent. I ride this machine pretty hard and do a lot of rough technical trail riding and rock crawling so I don't mind spending the cash to get it set up they way I want it. I also plan on keeping this machine for a long time.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Yes that was not fun, but after spending my whole sunday scraping, grinding, spraying and swearing,
Wood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Wheel
Wood Wall Building Gas Tints and shades
and a couple of IPA's, I did manage to get most of it a down to bare metal, primered and a couple coats of semi gloss. Will shoot em again tomorrow and done up front for now (minus springs😉)..

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
A little test fit of the storage boxes. They look good and offer a ton of storage. Compared to my 900S, I'd say the pro xp has twice the storage. These boxes are the SAUTV, not polaris and about $50 less each then the polaris boxes, good deal IMO.. Only downside is my short ass has to climb up the tire to get in the rear box
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
So I'll admitt, I'm doing a little cheating for part of this build. When I ordered my rzr through my dealer, I also ordered a bunch of accessories through them at the same time. And I left them a hefty deposit. So after cancelling my order (as I found one sitting in a showroom), I agreed to bring the machine in to them to let them install the accessories that were sitting in a giant pile of boxes. I have a good relationship with my dealer and their mechanic, and I feel bad on their part, all this supply demand stuff is taking a toll on them. So.. My build is currently their build for the next couple days. They're installing the inner door panals, roof, chase light, s&b particle sepperator, rigid chase light and light pods, winch, bumper, horn, rear window, dash panals and sub woofer. Oh and the cool cab kit.

Most of that stuff I could have easily installed myself, but again, I'm kinda throwin em a bone. They take care of me and had stuff covered under warrenty (that probably didnt qualify) on my behalf many times. And honsestly, after watching install vids on the coolcab kit and subwoofer install, I really didnt want to get involved with pulling all the interior plastics apart. Will have it back this week, and probably continue on with swapping out the springs with the Eibachs. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Picked her up from the dealer yesterday, they did a pretty good install job. We're doing this build in my buddies garage and in my excitement with playing with everything, I forgot to take any quality pics of what they installed, but I got a few. Will be back over there this week to install seats and rear speakers. Build is almost done!

My buddys pro was picked up from kansas a couple weeks ago, and both of our S900's sustained a bit of damage at hatfield and macoys last week so they're both torn down. Lots of wrenching to do, and our fleet is growing!

Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Assualt grill, rigid lights, winch and bumper. Its a nice clean install. I dont like the cheasy hook and how it flops around and bangs into the bumper. Will be replacing the hook, rubber stop and probably the rope as well with something a bit more robust
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Been pretty busy with work but made some progress with the new unit yesterday. Sub woofer installed (dealership) lol.. fills the cab with some low end and sounds pretty good. I didnt expect much more so overall happy with it. The rear speakers are bigger then factory and stick out of the boxes about 3/4 of an inch so h
Grille Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive tire
Wheel Automotive tire Tire Tread Alloy wheel
ad to make new brackets for the boxes and will have those installed this week to complete the stereo.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Storage boxes in and got the rear bumper installed. It is pretty stout and I like the look. This is my first machine with radius rods and trailing arms. Install was pretty strait forward, but getting the nuts threaded onto the bottom bolts of the radius rods was an absolute bitch. The bolts went right through, but there is ZERO access to get the nuts started. Had to use a magnet and fish out dropped nuts for a good hour. Lots of cursing ensued...
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

41 - 60 of 82 Posts