Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Wow....I can’t think of any scenario where this is caused by the owner/driver?? Blown belt, sure, blown clutch....nope!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is gnarly. You didn’t happen to find that big piece did you? We’re there balancing holes where it broke?
Yeah I have all the pieces. Looks like it broke where the pin goes through the weight. They have tons of balancing holes all over this clutch and the secondary has a May 2021 date on it.

·
Registered
2020 Polaris RZR Pro XP Premium
1,287 Posts
If it makes you feel any better, yours was minor compared to mine. Full detonation. Estimate was $3000 to repair. I did at least make it to almost 200 miles on mine. To add insult to injury, I got the stop ride notice just over a week later :(

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Motorcycle

Automotive tire Vehicle brake Motor vehicle Locking hubs Automotive design

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If it makes you feel any better, yours was minor compared to mine. Full detonation. Estimate was $3000 to repair. I did at least make it to almost 200 miles on mine. To add insult to injury, I got the stop ride notice just over a week later :(
Ouch that hurts. What model is yours? What’s sad is had a buddy that has a 20 and he rode his another couple hundred miles when he got his stop ride and never had a problem. I thought they fixed this stuff in 21 and hell this is a 22 so it should be super fixed by now.

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
As much as I like Polaris…I can most certainly agree. This stuff should be sorted by now. Having more than enough time at this point. I have a suspicion it boils down to poor quality of aluminum used. I personally have no idea. Speaking on a hunch. Let us know how it goes at the dealership….Outcome.

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
I'm curious about the root cause? Is this another quality issue at the Mexican assembly plant, a design (engineering) flaw, or a manufacturing (casting) flaw? I think the assembly techs had too many cervezas the night before they assembled my TRE. But if that's what was sent to them, s*** in, s*** out. Polaris needs to get on top of this.

Reactions: RG1

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Yeah I have all the pieces. Looks like it broke where the pin goes through the weight. They have tons of balancing holes all over this clutch and the secondary has a May 2021 date on it.
Reason I ask is ( you may know this) the stop ride mentioned above was related to the balancing holes being drilled too close to the shift weight attachment point. May be able to piece it together and find that to be the case.

·
Registered
2020 Polaris RZR Pro XP Premium
1,287 Posts
Ouch that hurts. What model is yours? What’s sad is had a buddy that has a 20 and he rode his another couple hundred miles when he got his stop ride and never had a problem. I thought they fixed this stuff in 21 and hell this is a 22 so it should be super fixed by now.
2020 ProXP Premium.
The day I got it back I ordered an AA HD primary clutch. The “new” replacement clutch is in a box, and I have put 1500 worry free miles on it in the last year.

Yes, “should be” fixed by now. Especially since most of the stories of failures are like the op, flat ground. Mine at least was at the dunes under heavy throttle.

·
Registered
222 Posts
but but but. poopoo said they had this fixed lol. Sorry man, been there done that. I was one of the first. Polaris at the time of mine was denying they had an issue. Ruined my relationship with my dealer because of it. Hope they can get you up and running soon.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts