Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a buddy that just bought a 2021 4 seat xp1000 and wanted me to clutch it for him and asked what he wants and his issues.
Since it it brand new, and he has put with only 200 miles on it- he told me that local dealer told him max rpm is 8300-
He told me dealer said he was hitting the rev limiter or speed limiter as he can do 70 MPH and 8300 rpm.

His old 2019 xp 1000 2 seater would do 80 MPH all day long and 8500 RPM with what he was told to be stock ( he bought that one used)

Anyone have any insight to this ? stock limits?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am talking speed and RPM limiters...on a stock unit

·
Registered
2021 xp turbo4
441 Posts
It does have the limiters if that's your question. He can do a tune to remove them and turn the fans on sooner.

·
Premium Member
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah thanks,
I have done that in the past on other machines. Just trying to see if someone knew what the stock limits are- cause it seems pretty low to be at 70 @ 8300

·
Registered
2021 xp turbo4
441 Posts
I think the rev limit is 8800 on the xp1k. Im not 100% tho. Pretty sure the 4 seat highlighter is geared a lot lower than the 2 seat regular xp1k. 70 mph top speed sounds about right to me, but idk.

·
Registered
2021 xp turbo4
441 Posts
I think the speed is only limited by the seat belt. It could be a sign of clutch issues if the rpms are too low. Theres some threads on here about the spider nut loosening up on some of those clutches and rpm and top speed being low because of it.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I am talking speed and RPM limiters...on a stock unit

My point was 8300 and 8500 are damn near identical RPM, if there truly is a 10mph difference it would either be due to tire size or gearing. Clutching would not fix that unless there was belt slipping involved.

I also think 80mph on a stock 1kXP is a pipe dream, 70mph is more like it.

·
Premium Member
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I think the speed is only limited by the seat belt. It could be a sign of clutch issues if the rpms are too low. Theres some threads on here about the spider nut loosening up on some of those clutches and rpm and top speed being low because of it.
Yeah the seat belt is for safety and will not let the car go beyond 15mph no matter how much foot feed to mash.
Indeed on the spider nut- but looking for base-line factory RPM/Speed limits that are set that triggers a cutoff off point

·
Premium Member
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
My point was 8300 and 8500 are damn near identical RPM, if there truly is a 10mph difference it would either be due to tire size or gearing. Clutching would not fix that unless there was belt slipping involved.

I also think 80mph on a stock 1kXP is a pipe dream, 70mph is more like it.
There are gains in 200 RPM swing / and loss also depending on clutching, elevations ect.... which leads to clutching also.

Not going to get into clutching, Primary and Secondary as it's not that difficult at all to "dial " a RZR in..(without a tune box to change the parameters on Max speed & Max RPM)

Just inquiring here-if someone knows, what the stock limits are set from Polaris on Speed/and RPM on the stock RZR 4 seater- That way I can convey, and find out which one he is triggering or any at all.

·
Premium Member
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As I said above no speed limiter besides the seat belt. Almost positive the rev limit is 8800
I was looking back as some older posts and seen this from Todd @ hunterworks on a 2016 RZR xp 1000..

"To answer your question the rev limiter is 8700 and you should never hit it.
You have a speed limiter at 80 mph that closes the throttle and settles rpm to around 8200"

·
Registered
2021 xp turbo4
441 Posts
I'd probably call Todd and talk to him about it. I wouldn't be surprised if it is some clutch issues. Im just not convinced a 4 seat highlighter will go much faster than 70mph tho

·
Premium Member
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks- I have a few other irons out- and I know Todd is super busy answering revenue questions... I will poke him with a P/M
This is not on a high lifter, it's on a XP 1000.

·
Registered
2021 xp turbo4
441 Posts
Post up what you find out. I been searching for an answer and can't find anything definite. You could reach out to AA or BMP also, sure they would know because of tuning.

·
Premium Member
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Post up what you find out. I been searching for an answer and can't find anything definite. You could reach out to AA or BMP also, sure they would know because of tuning.
Extensive conversation with several (dozen) wrench turners including Todd @ hunter works...
Bottom line is, Speed limiter is set ( factory ) @ 70 mph..Might squeeze 71-72 Factory tires size included in this finding
RPM Limiter is set @ 8700- Setup's for elevation recommended peak operating @ 8300 per factory spec's.. we could squeeze 8350 ish most of the time ( Set-up for elevation).

Findings are if you blow a belt at least the rev limiter will kick in at 8700.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts