Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put a deposit down for a 2021 sport a week ago. The dealer has 3 ultimates but I’m still waiting for my sport to arrive. My question is, is the ultimate worth the extra 7k? This will be my first side by side…I’ve only riden in side by sides a handful of times and I’m trying to spend the least possible unless it’s actually worth the extra cash…

·
Registered
2021, PRO XP4
56 Posts
It depends on your riding style and like or dislike of electronics. I really toyed with the Dynamics but cost and decent ride with the Walkers swayed me to the sport. The dynamics is quite a bit better ride in my opinion but I had ride command and stereo last machine and never used them. Not saying that stuff is bad just didn’t use them so didn’t want to pay extra for stuff I won’t use outside of the dynamics. The Walkers are not terrible riding but when set for 90% of my riding still all bottom out on the occasional harder stuff where the OS button would be nice. If you are going to add the click 6 harness, stereo, GPS to the Sport then it is probably worth the extra cost now especially with the dynamics.

·
Registered
349 Posts
So for $7k you get ride command, stereo and Dynamix shocks - you can add ride command later if you miss it. The shock conversion would be cost prohibitive ($6k). It offers change on the fly suspension settings - which is nice to have, but not need to have.

Given it is your first SXS and you want to spend the least possible - get the base - use it, see what you like and don't then you can always upgrade in few years.

The Ultimate probably has everything you ever need and a lot of nice to have's the dynamix shocks are a bonus.

GLWD!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I live in SoCal, most of my riding will be soft trails. Occasionally trip to Gladis/Utah. New to this so I probably won’t be doing anything extreme at first. Thanks for the input so far 🙏🏽

·
Registered
106 Posts
Put a deposit down for a 2021 sport a week ago. The dealer has 3 ultimates but I’m still waiting for my sport to arrive. My question is, is the ultimate worth the extra 7k? This will be my first side by side…I’ve only riden in side by sides a handful of times and I’m trying to spend the least possible unless it’s actually worth the extra cash…
I have no regrets with the ultimate. Dynamix is amazing, ride command is a must in my opinion and the functions of it are pretty cool. Either way, you’re going to be dropping a lot of cash with accessories.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have no regrets with the ultimate. Dynamix is amazing, ride command is a must in my opinion and the functions of it are pretty cool. Either way, you’re going to be dropping a lot of cash with accessories.
i agree. I’ve already set aside 3k for upgrades off the jump. That’s not including suspension if I need it…

·
Registered
2021, PRO XP4
56 Posts
i agree. I’ve already set aside 3k for upgrades off the jump. That’s not including suspension if I need it…
Caution it is easy to get carried away with the upgrades. On the plus side with the sport you can get a lot of good stuff before even hitting the premium price. Good luck in your decision.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I was exactly where you are a few months ago. I was looking at the Sport and then started building it the way I wanted it. By the time I had it built to my liking I was near the price of the premium. I figured for slightly more I could get the Ultimate and call it good.
I don’t regret buying the Ultimate as my first SXS.
We rented a few different machines and both the wife and I were blown away at how much nicer the Ultimate rides than the other machines.
I really like the Ride Command feature and the gps. I also have my Garmin Montana 680T but the Ride Command works well enough so far.
We don’t ride extreme or do half the stuff you see on YouTube, however when we were at Sand Hollow running the dunes and high speed trails the Dynamix was great to have. When we started bombing down the trails and started hitting the whoops I could push the button on the steering wheel and go into firm as I’m hitting the throttle. On the machines we rented we didn’t have that ability and ended up bottoming out and having to slow it down. I know you can adjust the suspension manually for different terrain and driving but it’s much nicer to just push a button.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I bought my first SxS in January, a '21 Pro XP Ultimate. I would buy it again. I never knew how much I would like the Dynamix and Ride Command. Don't regret it at all. On one of my first trips I was able to use the Ride Command to plot a different path back to the truck and avoided some stuff that I had no desire to go thru.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I came across a great deal on a two seat Ultimate so I jumped on it, I am $4,800 in upgrades already ( full exhaust, MTS Spring kit upgrade, brick city fab cage and Metal FX 15x7 wheels with 32x15 AT Tires) so either way you decide to go you will be spending money on upgrades, but the fun and memories are priceless.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I went the sport option and have bought Stereo, wheels and tires, ST spring kit, roof, harnesses, lights and some other bs. Most the upgrades I would have done even if I got the Ultimate, I love my wet sounds stereo, and would have gotten everything but harnesses for the ultimate if I went that route instead.

The sport rides great with just aftermarket springs and 32's. All in I am probably 5-6k in add ons doing the labor myself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ride Command is by far the most important thing on my Turbo S. We do a lot of night riding in AZ because it’s too hot in the summer. Never get lost! The speakers in the doors are good, not great. I added four additional speakers and sub woofer. The ride command to me is a no brained. Go with the Ultimate. Only 90 bucks more a month! Dynamix os great too!

·
Premium Member
16 XPT4, MSA Bead-lock, 32” Motoclaws, Assult radius arms, Rugged Radios, PRP harnesses and Storage
4 Posts
I’m my opinion…If you’re committed to riding and mechanically inclined at all you’ll have as much fun (and more satisfaction) adding the upgrades that make your ride fit you personally as you will riding… go basic and build your dream machine from there...and as a bonus its like Christmas Day every time the UPS guy shows up..😎

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I went the sport option and have bought Stereo, wheels and tires, ST spring kit, roof, harnesses, lights and some other bs. Most the upgrades I would have done even if I got the Ultimate, I love my wet sounds stereo, and would have gotten everything but harnesses for the ultimate if I went that route instead.

The sport rides great with just aftermarket springs and 32's. All in I am probably 5-6k in add ons doing the labor myself.
I’m just going to wait for my sport. I’ll just upgrade stereo and a roof for now. I went to the dealer this weekend and they can’t sell the 4 ultimates they have due to recalls. They told me my sport might be delayed a bit fue to the recalls…

I’m my opinion…If you’re committed to riding and mechanically inclined at all you’ll have as much fun (and more satisfaction) adding the upgrades that make your ride fit you personally as you will riding… go basic and build your dream machine from there...and as a bonus its like Christmas Day every time the UPS guy shows up..😎
You have a point. I’ma diesel mechanic so I shouldn’t have too much of a problem upgrading the pro along the way…

1 - 20 of 37 Posts