Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1061 - 1080 of 1110 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I froze the video that definitely looks like a much wider xp pro. And I’m not the off-road guru but most factory race teams use their own parts so it’s hard to believe that they are using an after market wider long travel kit
That is Kristen Matlock and her current Pro XP... just a promo video, but can be pretty sure she's going after the Baja500 results!

·
New RZR 4 Owner
49 Posts
Well its now confirmed, its the Matlock's and Scanlon. To bad no car confirmation. Still hope they reveal it at the Offroad Expo & Sancho (aka sand show)

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Lol. Who’s not to say that the supposed “new machine” will fall under the Pro XP moniker, if it’s released in time for Dakar. They did say “all new”, and the 21 XP Pro is not all new, so it’s anybody’s guess at this point.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
So much speculation 🙂🙂 good things coming for sure, this will be a great factory backed effort.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ok. Somebody must know something! Is it time to move on to the current offerings of both brands? Sand show is coming up and not even a teaser. Unicorn???

·
New RZR 4 Owner
49 Posts
I asked Ridenow from Phoenix about either a 21 pro 4 or the canam with the shocks and she said they didn't know if they would have them because the shocks were backordered. Who knows what the sales folks even know at this point. With a deposit down the best time they could predict on pro 4 was in November. I'll bye a can am before I miss a dune trip because they have those out just without the new shocks.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm getting tired of waiting and wondering too. I'm specing out a new enclosed trailer and would like to know before I decide between 7.5' and 8.5' wide...

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Let me save you the grief on that subject, get an 8.5. Even if you buy a 64” machine or whatever... you’re going to wish you had the extra width for your doors to open. I’ve been down the alternative route. Bought a 7x18 to haul an XP4 in, because it was a little cheaper, and the machine fit... hated it from day one. Ate a $1,000 loss on selling the trailer eventually, got an 8.5x20, and never looked back. I’ve never seen or heard of a 7.5’ wide enclosed myself. Just my opinion here. You’ll never wish your trailer was more narrow. Axle widths are near the same, so it’s not like the trailer is larger overall anyway

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yes, I'm leaning heavily toward the Legend 8.5'x28' (22' plus 6' V nose) Aluminum drive on, drive off enclosed since I use it for sleds too. Earlier in this thread, someone mentioned this "New Pro R" possibly being as wide as 78"... I have no clue since I missed out on all the leaked photos...

Legend offers 7' and 7.5' Inline trailers also.

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
I see. I’ve seen a few legend trailers, not many. They look good from the outside and what little I know about them. Interesting on the 7.5’ wide option.. I’m sure it’s for a purpose though.
I like to have a shorter, lighter, cheaper trailer for day trips. My 8.5x20 is a Pace American and it’s nothing fancy, although I did snag one with 5200# axles instead of the regular 3500s.
I have a 32’ tri axle Vintage race trailer that we take on longer excursions or when we need to haul both machines. I will say that the build quality of the Vintage has really impressed us since we purchased it last year. It’s not your average enclosed trailer.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm getting tired of waiting and wondering too. I'm specing out a new enclosed trailer and would like to know before I decide between 7.5' and 8.5' wide...
No waiting required - get 8' 5' wide - you will never regret the extra space and you will have a trailer with much better re-sale potential as anyone can use it. Weight difference is not enough to matter and in the future if you upgrade to wider car or sand car - well then you have the width you need! Now go get started on your specs!

Attachments

·
New RZR 4 Owner
49 Posts
Well you're gonna have to wait even longer as Polaris issued a stop sale and stop ride recall yesterday on 2020-2021 rzr pro xp and pro xp 4 for clutch failure. Plus looks like turbo s as well. Most is from people trying to 2 step or power brake the engines but sucks regardless.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Well you're gonna have to wait even longer as Polaris issued a stop sale and stop ride recall yesterday on 2020-2021 rzr pro xp and pro xp 4 for clutch failure. Plus looks like turbo s as well. Most is from people trying to 2 step or power brake the engines but sucks regardless.
If history tells us anything, you're not going to have to wait long. Polaris always fixes all of their inventory first and then ships parts to dealers. The dealers usually use the replacement parts they get to fix their unsold machines in inventory first and then repair customer vehicles last, but it's up to the dealers the order they go in.
The reasoning is: if all of the new inventory is repaired first, the stop-sale is ended and those machines can be immediately sold and the dealer and manufacturer are making money again. Yeah for them, Boo for us! Fixing customer vehicles is last on the priority list, but they aren't going to tell you that to your face, that would be bad business.

In addition to all of that, if the Pro R is in the works for a Sand Show unveiling, it's a 4 cyl motor with a different belt set up anyways, not affected by this stop ride. I'm sure it will get it's own stop ride for something stupidly overlooked at a future date :)

1061 - 1080 of 1110 Posts