Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1041 - 1060 of 1110 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Lol, imagine chilling after a long ride with your boys, having a couple coldies, someone makes a joke and you say “that was a rather mirthful anecdote”..WTH!
Anyway, it’s now beyond the time to let us know what the Pro R is, or isn’t, and when it will be available!!

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
I'm hoping they drop the R from the name. I've had enough R's. There's 25 other letters of the alphabet. Why not call it an X or a Q? Shoot, even a G. There are some cool Greek letters too. The RZR PRO XP Sigma. Wait, doesnt polaris still technically refer to them as a Ranger RZR? Got more letters than Can-am. That's saying something.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Stop using big words guys, I had to Google the word mirthful for cryin out loud..

Anywhats.. I too am more interested in seeing what they come out with in a 60 inch platform. Have zero use for a giant oversized dune machine around these parts. 64 is about as big as I would go and was going to buy a pro this year but the color options suck an egg. Would love to see a 60 inch pro trail with 120ish hp non turbo with all the goodies offered on the bigger machines.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
Dune season is right around the corner

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
The only thing I'm seeing is they are going to announce (next week) who will be driving for Polaris in the Dakar Rally. Definitely a woman behind the wheel.

The Off Road Expo is still over 3 weeks away. I think that's where the big announcement for the Pro R will be made.
Wonder what car she will be driving at Dakar? I guarantee it is the R and that will be announced officially within the next 3 weeks, more than likely next week when they announce the driver of Dakar.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I froze the video that definitely looks like a much wider xp pro. And I’m not the off-road guru but most factory race teams use their own parts so it’s hard to believe that they are using an after market wider long travel kit
It doesn't look like 72" to me. What I heard from the muffled engine sounded like a 2-Banger. But we shall see.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yeh that’s old footage from the Baja 500 pre run ....someone put it on fb ,Polaris just used it for promotional purposes.

·
Registered
293 Posts
If you freeze the profile view of the RZR you can see it's Pro XP. Not a big deal, the Dakar race isn't until Jan 2021 and they are just announcing the team driver(s) next week. I'm sure they will be announcing the Pro R soon since the Polaris factory team will be wanting to race something a little more substantial than a narrow 2 cylinder Pro XP in the Dakar race. Teams running BRP / CanAm won just about everything in the UTV category last year so I doubt Polaris is going to show up with a knife to a gun fight in Jan.
As we already know, the OT3 team raced a RedBull custom build (likely prototype Pro R) version in last years race (Jan 2020) and didn't do too bad, even won a few stages.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone know when the 21 pros will start shipping? I’ve read oct time frame, but my local dealer says they don’t show anything all year so all other dealers are lying haha. Thanks.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Rumor only........2021 MIGHT be better than 2020!!!!
74AA9C12-8566-48B0-AD37-7CD8D27A030F.jpeg

Reactions: Wheel and Sandman88
1041 - 1060 of 1110 Posts