Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

501 - 520 of 580 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
A friend of mine just walked into an AZ dealer last week and bought a new Turbo S4, so they are out there.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Polaris is about to have a model in the 33-35 range most likely and I bet they sell tons of them.
Once they come out with the turbo model gear driven trans I bet they are in the high 30’s and I bet they sell very well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hopefully it wont be long now until Polaris reveals the updated 21's..
I've heard that it was going to be on the 11th of this month and shipping was going to be plentiful real soon..
Hope that hold's true as this cash is burning a hole in my pocket! Lol

·
Registered
389 Posts
181 hp redesigned Polaris xp Pro wasn’t spicy enough for you? Lol how about in a 72 inch flavor?

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Didn’t read through this thread but when is the ‘21 release date?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
181 hp redesigned Polaris xp Pro wasn’t spicy enough for you? Lol how about in a 72 inch flavor?
Not everyone cares about, or wants a turbo or 72” 1800lb+ machine. When you compare the S1k or XP1K to a Can-am Maverick Sport (XRC, XXC, or XMR) it has a whole lot going for it over the Polaris. The Can-ams come with features similar to the TRE and HLE Polaris, but with better interiors, larger diameter front shocks, better shocks, and thousands less price.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Not everyone cares about, or wants a turbo or 72” 1800lb+ machine. When you compare the S1k or XP1K to a Can-am Maverick Sport (XRC, XXC, or XMR) it has a whole lot going for it over the Polaris. The Can-ams come with features similar to the TRE and HLE Polaris, but with better interiors, larger diameter front shocks, better shocks, and thousands less price.
Then why is it everywhere I go I see 20 Polaris machines to 1 of anything else?

I guess most people didn’t get the memo that they should be buying something else. Lol.

Why would Polaris update the base XP1K lineup when people are still buying them up as fast as they can be produced?

The Pro XP needs to be available in a wider, long travel version, and hopefully address the heat issues inside the cab.

I would also like to see a 3 speed CVT machine. (Super low, (possibly de-tuned with really smooth throttle control) trail riding/cruising low like we have now, and of course high.

Of course big power would be nice for some, and just for bragging rights for others. But honestly even the 168 horsepower turbo machines have more power then I ever use for the type of riding I do. But I would still buy a higher power machine if it was available just because. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
New RZR 4 Owner
38 Posts
The problem is they wait to roll out the 4 seater instead of dropping it with the 2 seater. I said before September. Also for the price the 72 wide had better have a bump in power or the new motor to at least be close to the can am. The tiny improvements each year crap isn't working for me anymore. They have a chance now to stop the flood of loyal customers leaving the desert and dune sport segment for can am.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I think where Polaris is really missing an opportunity is the wide a-arm market. The General XP is a huge hit for a reason. But not everyone wants a General. I have several friends, and have talked to many people at various riding areas that would love to be a bel to buy an S1K in the 64”-72” wide category. Not everyone likes trailing arms. Whether you agree with them or not these people I talk to absolutely refuse to buy a trailing arm machine.

My ideal release would be,

Pro R with 3 speed CVT, 72-80” wide, with 225 horsepower and at least 32” tires.

Pro XP can remain the same with hopefully better springs and heat issues fixed.

And a Pro S which would basically be a S1K with General XP suspension.

I would buy a Pro S and a Pro R in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
The problem is they wait to roll out the 4 seater instead of dropping it with the 2 seater. I said before September. Also for the price the 72 wide had better have a bump in power or the new motor to at least be close to the can am. The tiny improvements each year crap isn't working for me anymore. They have a chance now to stop the flood of loyal customers leaving the desert and dune sport segment for can am.
People have been threatening to leave Polaris for years. Still hasn’t happened. And it won’t happen this year or next either. Lol.

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
@AJsRZR People will leave any manufacture if they do not stay on top of their game and keep building the most innovative products
I am curious way do you think many or most people dont like or want trailing arms vs A arms?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
@AJsRZR People will leave any manufacture if they do not stay on top of their game and keep building the most innovative products
I am curious way do you think many or most people dont like or want trailing arms vs A arms?
Based on what people I have talked to there are several things some people prefer about a-arms over trailing arms.

CV protection is much better.

No trailing arm hanging down to drag or hang up on ledges.

Much more stable with sway bars removed.

For crawling up steep tricky sections trailing arm machines tend to squat a lot more in the rear which can be unnerving compared to an a-arm machine.

I’m not saying that a-arms are better, or trailing arms are bad. Just stating what I’ve seen myself, and heard from many many others.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I think the gripe with trailing arms is that they hinder ground clearance, and do not offer the stable cornering that an A-arm setup does. I fully understand the benefits of a trailing arm suspension though. Reason I went with the XP over the S was primarily the added wheelbase, bigger tires, and LED headlights for the same price. If the S1K was cheaper, even by $500 I would have bought that. If I was buying a new SxS right now, the Maverick Sport XXC is at the top of my short-list. Has the width, wheelbase, and tire size of the XP1K, better and bigger shocks, Lower low-range, more suspension travel than a RZR S, nicer interior and display, and things like full doors and a rear view mirror from the factory. It is nice to see so many options in the market. As far as leaving Polaris goes, this is my first Polaris, and I’m not really brand-loyal. I will gladly jump ship to something better. I think what I’m getting at is that Polaris has been putting a lot into their premium flagship models, while ignoring the more entry-level, trail-rider machines. The S and XP are going into their 7th and 6th model years virtually unchanged. I mean they still come with the same garbage springs, and square pucks in the secondary. Really? I agree, why would they update if they don’t have to? They’re still great machines that sell like crazy, but I think there may be some equal or better options out there and at some point they will lose customers if they don’t stay competitive.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I guess this just goes to show that you can never please all of the people all of the time, but nothing new there lol.

I kind of agree with Max in that I like trailing arms, they do have a ride advantage. My choice (if I had a voice) would be either a General XP 4 Turbo, or one of the new larger displacement 3-4 cylinder ProStar engines that Polaris will be coming out with in a General. Say 150-175 HP and compatible with 87 octane. Add trailing arm rear suspension to the mix and that would be a killer trail sleeper, it would shock the heck out of some people.

I do not see Polaris going to a trailing arm setup in the General, but I could see a turbo version or one with a larger displacement engine.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I guess this just goes to show that you can never please all of the people all of the time, but nothing new there lol.

I kind of agree with Max in that I like trailing arms, they do have a ride advantage. My choice (if I had a voice) would be either a General XP 4 Turbo, or one of the new larger displacement 3-4 cylinder ProStar engines that Polaris will be coming out with in a General. Say 150-175 HP and compatible with 87 octane. Add trailing arm rear suspension to the mix and that would be a killer trail sleeper, it would shock the heck out of some people.

I do not see Polaris going to a trailing arm setup in the General, but I could see a turbo version or one with a larger displacement engine.
Turbo General XP would be awesome.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I would buy a larger displacement engine with more power that will run on 87. I have less than zero interest in anything with a turbo. The General XP is very appealing, but the fact it only comes as a high-dollar premium is very disappointing.

501 - 520 of 580 Posts