Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

481 - 500 of 580 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
The Maximum legal with of an ATV in NY is 70" and the maximum weight is 1,000 lbs
That would mean that every RZR ever sold in NY is illegal with exception of the small RZR 570 which comes in at 996 lbs. Everything else is over 1000lbs.
So I guess there are a whole lot of illegal RZRs being sold in NY (as well as other SXS manufacturers too).

...or maybe SXS aren't classified as ATVs in NY and are UTVs instead? hmmm.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I don't know but they said it was definitely different and there was colored parts on it instead of all black like usual.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I think I have mentioned this before as it relates to the price of these machines, but compared to a boat, they are cheap. My last boat purchase was in 2000 and I thought paying over $40K was crazy but did it anyway. And it was a fiberglass hull deck boat with an I/O. At the local Boat/RV show last fall there was a pontoon boat for over $110K. Just wow for something around here you can use for 4-5 months and then have it sit for the rest of the year. With an enclosure and heater we ride year round.

Also, what is crazier? Paying $30K+ for a machine you ride almost every weekend, or paying $15K for a new machine and then selling it in 6 months with 300 miles because you didn't use it?

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Prices will reflect what the market will bear...in any given field or endeavor, sxs’s included. Prices are going up for sure and 40k is right around the corner and they will sell al they can make. I have 35 or so in my x3 and I’m all for polaris to unleash a next gen setup that pushes the limits...whatever the cost is. If I hadn’t spent all my pennies on a new boat, I’d likely order a speed utv as I think it’s a game changer (assuming he delivers on what he is saying)

And yes, sxs’s are cheap relatively speaking. I bought a new Super Air Nautique g23 wakeboat a month ago, and I remember 20 years ago when they were 40-50k tops...now they are 5 times that price...Nautique is now selling a high end one for 300k....and they can’t make enough to keep up with the demand...people will pay for the latest and greatest out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
240 Posts
...Nautique is now selling a high end one for 300k....and they can’t make enough to keep up with the demand...people will pay for the latest and greatest out there
Surf boat prices are stupid high. Yes, surfing is fun but why anyone would pay an average of over +$150k to surf on a 3 to 4 foot wave at 12mph I'll never understand. My friends have a surf boat so I'll surf behind theirs when I feel the need, but for real fun on the water I prefer to jump on my 300hp PWCs. Just so much more fun to haul ass, carve, spin and have fun on while on the water.
I think it would be the equivalent of bouncing along the trail in a narrow 570 RZR and then getting in a wide turbo SXS and go flying around the dune's larger bowls and transitions at top speed. Each is fun in it's own way but it's just a night and day difference in adrenaline rush ...also, putt'ing along in a trail RZR doesn't cost 150 grand.

·
Registered
841 Posts
So what’s the deal, when does Polaris release the 2021 models? I thought that always happened in July for some reason. I see cam am has the ‘21s up and it’s nothing too special.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
5,108 Posts
So what’s the deal, when does Polaris release the 2021 models? I thought that always happened in July for some reason. I see cam am has the ‘21s up and it’s nothing too special.
8/11 is what I'm commonly seeing...

@FJK, any info on the official date?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yep, August so says the local dealer here, who has zero RZR's in stock. They had one X3 Ham as a result of a deal that fell through.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Is there going to be a live stream? If i'm not getting any discounts on any 2020's which is what it seems like, I'm ordering a 2021 that day.
You go girl!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
350 Posts
If they do go with the I-4 block and t case etc, regardless of whether it’s less displacement, I’m worried about the weight of the machine. Yes, you can re-valve and re-spring whatever shocks it comes with... my main concern is the fact that those mods don’t really enhance maneuverability too awful much. And if we are getting upwards of 2,000 lbs (Roughly) with the normally cheesy stock cages and suspension arms etc... what is one going to be like once it’s caged and has beefed up suspension? Non turbo.... And putting down a hair more power than a pro XP. Just thinking out loud here. I’m all for thinking outside the box and a new class of SXS and all that.. don’t think I’m bashing.
It’s not apples to apples by any means, but my father bought a Jackson sand car (used) a few years ago with a twin turbo LS engine for $35,000. And it’s got way more power than our sand dunes permit the use of. I’m interested to see this new machine but I’m also skeptical of how increasing the weight and beefing up the drivetrain will affect the weight and maneuverability of the machine. Especially without a drastic increase in HP over the XP Pro.

·
Registered
123 Posts
All I want to know is if the Turbo S 4 seater is getting carried over to 2021 or do I need to go get a 20 before they are all gone?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sounds like several late(ish) releases may take place this year.

Aug 11th for Polaris 2021 lineup
September? for possible new Yamaha side x side
Some time before the end of the year for a 4 seat KRX according to Justin at Shock Therapy with a turbo not too far behind

All good news for the consumers. Polaris has released the carry over 2021 models I.E. the RZR 1000 XP's are already hitting the showroom floors along with select Rangers. Sounds like maybe some possible changes to the turbo RZR lineup, General, full size Ranger as well since they are not listed yet.

481 - 500 of 580 Posts