Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

461 - 480 of 580 Posts

·
Can't 'Member.
767 Posts
There are people who will drop 35k on a SXS. Many folks anymore are more interested in what the payment is than the cost of the machine. It all comes down to what is important to you.
They will sell them. Polaris will make $ on the financing too.
I am happy with my Turbo S. I will bump it to stage 3 sometime next year and enjoy that.
I don't see myself upgrading, but my priorities are different than their target buyers.
Technical term is "Old Guy". LOL

·
Registered
212 Posts
I see the 12-20k side by sides sell in days and the 30k plus ones sit there until they time off the site. Will they sell, yes, but to a very small crowd :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I see the 12-20k side by sides sell in days and the 30k plus ones sit there until they time off the site. Will they sell, yes, but to a very small crowd :)
I would concur with this. Justifying 15kon a toy is easier than 30k in any respect.

There is a dealer around my area that has 2 Pro-XP Ultimate's, they have moved in over a month. I'm going to try and negotiate again in the coming weeks if they are still there, considering 2021's are coming out as well.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Because they can’t finance the used 30k machine. New ones will sell much better
Bingo.

also on that note, I am sure there are many many more people who finance than buy. People can afford it but not everyone has 18k cash lying around OR they have it in the savings but don’t want to drain it and are just making smart decisions. I financed. Have no regrets about doing it

·
Registered
196 Posts
A lot of people forget that inflation is a thing as well. If you bought something comparable in the year 2000 for $15,000 you would pay about $22,500 in 2020. They didn't make mass-produced side by side's back then but a little food for thought.

·
Registered
542 Posts
What percent of sxs buyers are going to spend that much? 10-15% maybe?
The same number that buy the Lariat or High Country or Laramie editions of trucks, and why the companies release those models first. Because that is where the profit is.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I bought my xp900 brand new in 2012 for 18,000 out the door. Bought the Turbo S in 2018 for 28,000 out the door. Ignoring inflation for 10 more thousand you are getting a way better machine. The turbo S comes with so much more. I felt good about buying the Turbo S for 28 and felt robbed getting the xp900 for 18

·
Registered
81 Posts
I think the market is definitely there. If you can by a high end sxs that’s ready to tackle your riding style without MAJOR upgrades. I feel like a lot will say yes. The other side of the coin is this is the first year with big changes on Polaris’ end. I’d probably watch from the sidelines on this one.

·
Registered
666 Posts
We have a bunch of machines in upstate NY that are 72” plus and work just fine. Are they ideal for every trail, absolutely not. But we have zero issues.
The Maximum legal with of an ATV in NY is 70" and the maximum weight is 1,000 lbs

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
5,108 Posts
The Maximum legal with of an ATV in NY is 70" and the maximum weight is 1,000 lbs
that is the law ,but i see plenty of 72'' machines up in the tug hill area. almost all the machines up there are registered out of NY.. mostly see PA. and NH. plates
I'd be a lot more worried about that weight limit if you're considering a RZR into that ATV category than I would the extra 2" of width....

·
Registered
132 Posts
that is the law ,but i see plenty of 72'' machines up in the tug hill area. almost all the machines up there are registered out of NY.. mostly see PA. and NH. plates
I ride tug hill all the time, never been hassled. Cops are always cool and understand the law is flawed. As long as you’ve got insurance you get let go on your merry way. I’m also not registered in any other state

·
Registered
270 Posts
Before people make judgments on what is too high a price to pay for a "toy", remember, not all of our financial situations are the same. You have those that don't make enough money to buy the most expensive machine and make a smart choice with the lesser expensive option. Then you have those that can afford to spend that money and want the best they can get, so they opt for the newest and most expensive machine. And last, you have the people that can't afford the most expensive machine and finance it anyways.

If I can afford to get the best, maybe I will and I'll be fine with my decision. I'm not comparing a SxS to a daily driven vehicle. I'm not choosing to buy a SxS because of options (well, kinda of). I'm buying it for the experience and fun it brings me.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well I can say for sure an all new sxs is coming. I have a reliable source who has seen the production frame.its not the same as anything else Polaris has.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well I can say for sure an all new sxs is coming. I have a reliable source who has seen the production frame.its not the same as anything else Polaris has.
This is interesting, considering 2020 was the first year of the Pro-xp frame. That wouldn't change much, would it?

461 - 480 of 580 Posts