Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

261 - 280 of 358 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Exactly, it has only been said like a million times on this forum haha. I thought it was common knowledge at this point.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Clearly people like the click bait and will believe anything posted on Facebook. Lol

·
Registered
322 Posts
We understand about the 1000cc limit. We are just discussing rumors. The machine would be in another classe category if they were to developpe such a machine.

Going off track a little: On the subject of displacement, why is the discovery utv 1300cc in the utv class? It’s above the 1000cc, no air bags. Granted, its a crappy utv, but still a utv. Is it still in the side by side class category?

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,685 Posts
We understand about the 1000cc limit. We are just discussing rumors. The machine would be in another classe category if they were to developpe such a machine.

Going off track a little: On the subject of displacement, why is the discovery utv 1300cc in the utv class? It’s above the 1000cc, no air bags. Granted, its a crappy utv, but still a utv. Is it still in the side by side class category?

Because they're Canadian, and the primary market is in Canada, not even sure the 1300cc variety is/can be sold in the US. Not sure what regulations you guys have (or don't have) up there.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Because they're Canadian, and the primary market is in Canada, not even sure the 1300cc variety is/can be sold in the US. Not sure what regulations you guys have (or don't have) up there.
Joyner was next door to my work until it closed recently. They sold 4 cylinder cars as well. Not sure how they were titled but they were very similar to a rzr in every way

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
And the leader in technology is still Polaris as usual ... Great job Can Am your only 2 years late to copy everything with live valving .
Also it is amazing what money can do to sway the field experts that just a few months ago were PRO POL

...LOL :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Funny, and their prices all show a 3k rebate but when you dig in it is for 19 models only.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think they have gone one step further with its live valve though...adjusts both compression and rebound..that’s what they are touting.

·
Can't 'Member.
760 Posts
I expected Can Am to come with the Live Valve deal, Honda has it now and since it is Fox stuff they are gonna sell it to any manufacturer who wants it. It has been such a huge deal Can Am would have been foolish not to offer it.
The real questions, the ones we all are waiting for answers to, are...
(a) Will Polaris "return fire" in the horsepower wars, and if they do, will it be with the existing twin format...or something with more holes. Obviously, they will at some point, so the when and how are the only real questions.
(b) Will they beat Can Am to the market with the DCT?

It would seem to me that IF they are bringing an new engine, this would be the time to bring the new transmission as well. While I am satisfied with the belt and CVT in the Turbo S, shifting, to me anyway, is fun. I like the control it gives me. That is why my truck has a 6 speed manual.
The CVT works well for most folks in most cases, it keeps the masses coming back.

But a 250 HP engine with some torque, and a 3rd pedal on the floor...well...that would be fun wouldn't it?
I would very much enjoy all of the early adapters who buy these machines on the first release sharing their experiences with us.
It won't be me. I learned that lesson, LOL. I will stick with my old tech 2019 Turbo S for a bunch more years. I think it was the peak of the old platform, pushed out there to compete with Can Am when the Pro wasn't quite ready, and the fact that people still post about trying to decide whether to buy Turbo S or Pro says a lot about how good it really is.

Now...Polaris...if you are reading this, and if you have paid attention to all the surveys I have filled out, and you are reading this thread...please, please, spend an extra 4 or 500 bucks a car...
and, all they way through the top of your line, start sending these things out with Eibach or Fox springs on the coil overs. You can scocre a deal on them if you buy them buy the railroad car load.
We are all TIRED of having to start our relationship with our brand new super neato machine buy starting another stash of cash to pull off the dang chinesium springs you still insist on sending out the door on these cars. You should be ASHAMED of yourselves, Polaris. ASHAMED.
Since the XP1K hit the market this has been an issue, it was on my 14 XP1k, it was on theTurbo S, now, a year into the release of the "ALL NEW" Polaris XP PRO....the guys are having to buy new springs. Because the springs are collapsing with very low miles.
C'mon, man!

If I was a jerk, I would try to get a campaign together to get all of us who have changed out our chineseium springs to ship them back to Polaris. I am sure we could fill a dump truck, LOL.

Rant Over.

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
On Can-Am Fox live valve shock technology, I don't think they're late to the game... I am willing to bet Polaris paid top dollar to secure the rights exclusively to that technology for the first 2 years. Hence why 2021 models from multiple brands are now offering it. 2 years prior, I am assuming they couldn't. The only reason it is not rebound adjustable as well on Polaris models is simple, Polaris doesn't buy rebound adjustable shocks from Fox as an OEM part. If they did (which would be nice) I'm sure Polaris Live valve would be adjusting those as well.

·
Can't 'Member.
760 Posts
You may very well be right on all points Dstew. It would make good business sense to charge for the right to be first to the market with any major change in tech, and Live Valve certainly is that. I wonder how long it will be before Polaris ups Dynamix to work on compression and rebound...or was their a price to be paid for being first with that, too?
Interesting to think of this stuff.

Frazr....my momma told me when I was a kid that if i couldn't say any something nice to keep my trap shut. When it comes to that picture, I will follow that advice.

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
How much are you willing to lose? lol
Want to compare bank accounts lol. No, I'm joking I don't really want to place a bet, it would be a pain in the ass me trying to collect the funds hahaha. But Polaris has reached the end of the line with the current motor, there is no more improving it from a factory reliability standpoint. A new motor is coming.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Want to compare bank accounts lol. No, I'm joking I don't really want to place a bet, it would be a pain in the ass me trying to collect the funds hahaha. But Polaris has reached the end of the line with the current motor, there is no more improving it from a factory reliability standpoint. A new motor is coming.
Let’s bet the right to brag whose right. Lol

261 - 280 of 358 Posts