Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

221 - 240 of 358 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Pricing is all relative, and just because YOU wouldn't pay $30k for a toy, doesn't mean others won't. Go down to your local lake. It's full of $50k toys With 20-year notes that get used a dozen times a year. I wouldn't pay that, cause I don't need what the high-dollar machines have to offer, but if I lived in the southwest, I might. However, I would spend that on two machines so my whole family can ride together.

·
Registered
194 Posts
In the end I'M the only one that matters :) There will always be some with plenty of cash to spend. Then those, like the people who come into my shop driving a Bmw and their wife drives a Mercedes, who have to wait until payday to get a $400 dollar job done. We call them plastic people because they live on credit cards and will be buried in debt until the day they die. As long as they can finance it, they don't care what it costs.

·
Registered
271 Posts
A Dealer told me yesterday that they have nothing but conjecture & lots of rumors at this point. Some hints from inside Polaris is my guess. Since Polaris will not have a Dealer meeting this year everyone is hoping for an early release. He thinks there may be a 72” XP model on the new Chassis and something with a 4 cylinder...lots of unknowns.
They are receiving some of the more basic 2021 models now that are not changed much from 2020’s. Polaris has been building 2021’s so the odds for an early July release of at least one or more high end models make sense, IMO.

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
I am convinced there will be a RZR with more cylinders than two. I also think there will be a new transmission. The thing I wonder is what engines will they keep? Will they have the twin live on in a non Turbo configuration? Will they keep the N/A, the 925 Turbo, and the new triple or quad? I hope I don't regret buying a 2020!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just saw that on ATV.com too. I am guessing it will be a 72" wide version of the Pro with 32" wheels. Possible new colors oand/or a slight tweak to HP but thats about it in regards to changes.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Another image from a patent application from Polaris...lambo doors???

Attachments

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I am convinced there will be a RZR with more cylinders than two. I also think there will be a new transmission. The thing I wonder is what engines will they keep? Will they have the twin live on in a non Turbo configuration? Will they keep the N/A, the 925 Turbo, and the new triple or quad? I hope I don't regret buying a 2020!
203 HP at 8,250 RPM

·
Registered
810 Posts
Think they will crack the 200HP mark? Seems like that number is something they won't want to cross for insurance purposes. Can-Am snuck up to it at 195 but didn't go over which they easily could have.
I would be game at:

197hp
Separate Transfer Case with 3 speeds
Slipper Clutch
5 lug wheels, 32" tires
68" Factory width on ProXP wheelbase
Normal opening doors

Otherwise I'm still keeping my 2018 XPT

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
I believe Polaris will come out with a 72" version of the PRO XP. It will be just a long travel version of the model that is already available. My wish would be a 72" wide model of the current machine with the Walker Evans Velocity shocks in the premium trim. I would also like to see a Naturally aspirated non turbo machine in both 64" and 72". If none of those come out then my next machine will be an XP PRO ultimate. Now I just need to decide if I want a 2 or 4 seat and what color.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Anyone find it strange that after Polaris released the Pro, that not a single desert race team switched to the Pro? These factory teams get free cars and get them to build out even before the public releases. Yet none switched from the Turbo S to a Pro, and I’d assume Polaris has not required it? Why? They have in the past.

Could it be they knew they would be releasing something new a year or two after the Pro was released? But the Pro is already a year old and it seems sales of the Pro have not been very strong. Maybe this new gen version will replace the Pro and Turbo S?

I think with the new Speed UTV brand & vehicle line up coming out, it might force some of these other manufacturers to step up or at least fix the known issues they keep having release after release.

·
Mr. & Mrs. PewPewPew
785 Posts
I think with the new Speed UTV brand & vehicle line up coming out, it might force some of these other manufacturers to step up or at least fix the known issues they keep having release after release.
Have you guys been to their website? One might take them more seriously if they had actual pictures of the product, a professionally designed website format and could use proper grammar in their product descriptions, spell basic words correctly such as “INFORMATION” Or “OCTANE”. So no, teams are not lining up to buy this vaporware but I am not sure why they are supposedly not moving to the Pro.

I will not go to the Pro model until they fix the layout for servicing the vehicle. As it stands, 5 hours to disassemble the interior is patently absurd and my 2019 is able to be reconfigured in minutes if I need to run cables and such. No thanks Polaris, no Pro for me.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I will not go to the Pro model until they fix the layout for servicing the vehicle. As it stands, 5 hours to disassemble the interior is patently absurd and my 2019 is able to be reconfigured in minutes if I need to run cables and such. No thanks Polaris, no Pro for me.
Thanks for posting. I didn't realize Polaris had done this. One reason I'm still driving a RZR is the overall ease of working on it.

221 - 240 of 358 Posts