Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to get an idea of what type of sound system to run, so far I've narrowed it down to the kicker KM8 speakers in 2 Rockville tower enclosures with the JL MX500/4 amp. I dont want to buy ride command since it'll cost me about a thousand dollars so what are the cheaper alternatives to that? I'm also open to any opinions on better ideas for the speakers or amp. I did like the idea of having 8 inch speakers though. Also I will be running dual batteries.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Look into getting a tablet, Ram mount for that particular tablet, and downloading the ride command app.

·
Registered
273 Posts
The Wet Sounds WW-BT-RS Marine Bluetooth Rocker Switch is a good controller if you plan on using your phone's Bluetooth to play music. It feeds most any amplifier you decide to go with. You can find more information on that here: Wetsounds

I have a Wet Sounds system which includes an SS-10BS4 10" Subwoofer, two SW-65i 6.5 inch speakers, and 600W STX MICRO-4 amplifier. The speakers are housed by SSV speaker enclosures. And, all of that is driven off the aforementioned WW-BT-RS Marine Bluetooth Rocker Switch and my phone.

The SSV speaker enclosures were a PITA to install. However, the Wet Sounds components are outstanding. And, I haven't had a need to install dual batteries.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Look into getting a tablet, Ram mount for that particular tablet, and downloading the ride command app.
I was just going to get a ram mount for my phone and use that, I just think the whole ride command system is unnecessary and all my music is on my phone so all I need is bluetooth

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Wet Sounds WW-BT-RS Marine Bluetooth Rocker Switch is a good controller if you plan on using your phone's Bluetooth to play music. It feeds most any amplifier you decide to go with. You can find more information on that here: Wetsounds

I have a Wet Sounds system which includes an SS-10BS4 10" Subwoofer, two SW-65i 6.5 inch speakers, and 600W STX MICRO-4 amplifier. The speakers are housed by SSV speaker enclosures. And, all of that is driven off the aforementioned WW-BT-RS Marine Bluetooth Rocker Switch and my phone.

The SSV speaker enclosures were a PITA to install. However, the Wet Sounds components are outstanding. And, I haven't had a need to install dual batteries.
I like the idea of the rocker switch but I also like having the rca preamp outputs and a volume knob so I found this product:
I think I will give that a try and I'll have to look into the wetsounds brand, my boss has them in his boat and says he loves them but I also wonder if for some on that you're paying for the name. I'd like to have the 8 inch over the 6.5 because bigger is better , right?🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
102 Posts
I sent u a message. But if your gonna go 8”. Go big and get the JL 8.8s. I started w the kicker 8s. And there loud. But lousy mid bass. The JL 8.8s are incredible. I have 4 of them and 4 of the JL 6.5s and together it’s total harmony. Plus a 10w6 that I just fabricated to fit in a glove box enclosure.
The guys at SSV told me you will never get a W6 woofer in there enclosure. It took a lot of work. But the air space is correct and it’s unbelievable

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I sent u a message. But if your gonna go 8”. Go big and get the JL 8.8s. I started w the kicker 8s. And there loud. But lousy mid bass. The JL 8.8s are incredible. I have 4 of them and 4 of the JL 6.5s and together it’s total harmony. Plus a 10w6 that I just fabricated to fit in a glove box enclosure.
The guys at SSV told me you will never get a W6 woofer in there enclosure. It took a lot of work. But the air space is correct and it’s unbelievable
That is one badass set up! I need to look into the JL 8.8 because I really like the JL brand but the kickers have such a nice price point I will see what the jails will cost me but I just hooked up a ham radio some Led whips and LED reverse lights in my machine and next I'm going to take it all apart and soundproof all around the engine compartment I can't believe you were able to fit a W6 in the glove box enclosure that is insane!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have 4 jbl 8s roof mounted above the passengers on 4 door.

Running them with a binize 10.1 display into a soundstream Picasso nano amp.

·
Registered
32 Posts
They are very loud and very clear.

If you buy an installer pack on eBay you can get all four for under 100 bucks. Which is insane. Just search JBL marine 8.

Edit: they are now $125 for two pairs. Jbl retail is $125 per speaker.

Windshield is a motoarmor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts