Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I just picked up a non running 2020 xp1000 I got it changed the oil and got it running there is a bit of engine noise I’m looking for some advice on either engine rebuild kits or a service or a rebuilt engine for sale that I can swap mine for. Any advise would be appreciated if anyone has a spec book of engine disassembly and measurement specs please send it to me if you don’t mind. I’m also looking for a drivers side head light and possibly a drivers side white lightening fender, radiator front driver and passenger fender flares with fasteners and clips, used before I buy new thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nflow has engine rebuild kits, and they have rebuilt engines if you want to just swap it out.
They are from indiana

if your out west check with rev6. They are in Utah I believe.
Do you know if there are common issues with the transmissions? I just went to change the fluid and there were chunks of metal shavings on the drain plug magnet I’m starting to feel like I got a lemon

·
Registered
2019 RZR XP4 1000
428 Posts
How big are the chunks? Small metal particles seem to be normal. If you have parts coming out that you can tell what they are you have an issue. I agree with the previous poster. My buddy bought a Rev6 engine a few years ago and it’s been good. If you have the mechanical aptitude to rebuild the engine, rebuilding the trans will be easy. Me personally I would buy a whole engine and replace it. Send yours back as a core. While you have the engine out split the case on the trans and inspect it. Then I would replace anything that’s an issue and upgrade the bearings to Sandcraft, upgrade the output shaft, and do the double reverse chain. That would make it very reliable. I had some gear teeth in my trans last year. I pulled it and replaced the bad gear and upgraded bearings. If you have the parts it’s a day job.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How big are the chunks? Small metal particles seem to be normal. If you have parts coming out that you can tell what they are you have an issue. I agree with the previous poster. My buddy bought a Rev6 engine a few years ago and it’s been good. If you have the mechanical aptitude to rebuild the engine, rebuilding the trans will be easy. Me personally I would buy a whole engine and replace it. Send yours back as a core. While you have the engine out split the case on the trans and inspect it. Then I would replace anything that’s an issue and upgrade the bearings to Sandcraft, upgrade the output shaft, and do the double reverse chain. That would make it very reliable. I had some gear teeth in my trans last year. I pulled it and replaced the bad gear and upgraded bearings. If you have the parts it’s a day job.
i have a pic of the drain plugs i'll attach they look like decent size pieces on the trans anyway.. There was fluid in the trans but only about a quart worth the front command drive was bone dry and had some gunk on the drain plug as well not looking too hot, i'm thinking i may have to do the engine and trans rebuild myself to help with the amount of losses i'm having here.
The 2 pics with the darker drain plug is what came out of the transmission the other 2 with the light gray gunk is from the front diff command drive unit.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 RZR XP4 1000
428 Posts
If the front was dry that could be an issue. The front looks about normal to me. Mine has looked like that. The front doesn't take much fluid. As for the trans that seems a little excessive. Mine had teeth come out and didnt have that much slag on it. I replaced the pinion shaft, all bearings, and seals and I was in it around $600.00. Of course the pinion shaft was the single most expensive gear in there. If you need OEM, Sandcraft, or super ATV parts contact Hardline UTV on the forum. He had the best deals for forum members on the parts I needed.

·
Vendor
1,309 Posts
@Pjxmotorsports how many mile are on the machine? I don't think that trans plug looks too terrible from what I have seen. I just changed a 2020 Pro XP transmission's fluid with around 1300 miles on it yesterday and the fluid wasn't much better than that. I don't think the trans fluid had been changed for at least 1000 miles.

What did you have to do to get the engine running? Pull the clutch cover and make sure the noise isn't coming from the clutch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@Pjxmotorsports how many mile are on the machine? I don't think that trans plug looks too terrible from what I have seen. I just changed a 2020 Pro XP transmission's fluid with around 1300 miles on it yesterday and the fluid wasn't much better than that. I don't think the trans fluid had been changed for at least 1000 miles.

What did you have to do to get the engine running? Pull the clutch cover and make sure the noise isn't coming from the clutch.
i really just drained the oil took the plugs out pulled the fuse for the fuel pump put about 1/4 cap full of oil down each cylinder and primed the engine for a bit to get the oil recirculated it sounded fine when priming the engine but when i put the plugs back in and fired it up it had a knock i only let it run for about 20-30 seconds then shut it off though didnt want to chance a crank bearing completely failing and sending a hole through the block i have a video of it running but im not sure if itll let me add it here. it has 1,930 miles on it they ran the engine low on oil there was barely half a quart of oil in it and it smelled like burned up crap dont think they ever changed it. as for the trans the drain plug with the darker fluid and larger chunks is what came out of the transmission it was low on fluid as well but had probably a little more than a quart of fluid in it. the front command drive was bone dry the drain plug was even loose and it had the light gray small sandy looking gunk on the drain magnet. i ran a few quarts of used 0w20 through it to try to flush the command drive I plan on flushing both the diff and trans with diesel this weekend when i get a chance to try and clean it out from any shavings as best i can

1 - 10 of 10 Posts