Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I just purchased a 2020 rzr XP turbo. It only has 9hrs on it now. I noticed I only get 115kms to a tank at the moment. But my 2015 XP 1000 would give me over 300kms to a tank. My turbo is suppose to have a 25hr break in period. Does anyone know if it is programmed to run super rich during the break in 25hrs or are the new XP turbos just really bad on gas? Please help.

E069B3A3-6BD8-4FC6-A247-95C82FD1911A.jpeg

·
Registered
380 Posts
We have a 2018 XPT. I found ours to be pretty good on fuel. However, if you are on the throttle it will burn A LOT more fuel than our non turbo machines. We have gone 80 miles and been just about empty. Other rides we have gone double that before having to get fuel. Depends on the terrain and how aggressive you ride IMO. Also running a clean air filter will really affect the fuel economy on ANY turbocharged machine.

Trail riding on tight technically terrain we did not notice any real difference in fuel economy between our machines. But give me some room to open up the turbo and then you notice. lol

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
150 Km or 93 miles sounds about average to me ..I am usually looking for fuel at about 80 miles to be safe

Also if you are going by the fuel gauge you might find you have a lot more ...they are not accurate

·
Registered
69 Posts
Nice machine. Great color combo. Not sure, but Looks like you changed your wheels to a larger size, that will hurt your milage as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys,
Thanks so much for your input! I’ll just have to mount a gas can in the back as I do a lot of long rides.

Yes you are right. They offered me a 32” pro armour wheel package up grade for a great price when I bought the machine. Could t resist.

Beauty of a machine Sanman67! See you at the gas stations.... often.. haha

·
Registered
149 Posts
2018 XPT here. Took mine on the longest ride to date yesterday. I knew it was going to be a long one so I kept my foot out of it as much as possible. I topped the tank off before leaving and we managed 78 miles and the gauge read about 1/4 tank left. Average speed according to GPS was 27.5 mph. Top speed was 74. Was not a slow ride. This is on 32's. We ran the race course for the AZOP Vulture Mine Hare Scramble that's being held today.

·
Registered
96 Posts
With the 32" tires, when the odometer says 90 the miles traveled is about 10% higher or actual traveled is 100 miles that is considering that stock tires are 29"

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys,

I just purchased a 2020 rzr XP turbo. It only has 9hrs on it now. I noticed I only get 115kms to a tank at the moment. But my 2015 XP 1000 would give me over 300kms to a tank. My turbo is suppose to have a 25hr break in period. Does anyone know if it is programmed to run super rich during the break in 25hrs or are the new XP turbos just really bad on gas? Please help.

View attachment 643899 View attachment 643899
Nice looking . With the wheels is it wider then stock . Thanks

·
Registered
754 Posts
I've always averaged about 10mpg, anything over 75 miles and I'm looking for gas before I run out.

I easily got 15+mpg in my 2017 1000 and 18+ in my 800

XPT is a thirsty pig, just the way it is. I darn near average 4.5-5mpg with E85

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Nice machine. Great color combo. Not sure, but Looks like you changed your wheels to a larger size, that will hurt your milage as well.
I've always averaged about 10mpg, anything over 75 miles and I'm looking for gas before I run out.

I easily got 15+mpg in my 2017 1000 and 18+ in my 800

XPT is a thirsty pig, just the way it is. I darn near average 4.5-5mpg with E85

I have the same machine but the 4 seater, i actually havent paid much attention to the fuel economy. Lol

I watch the guage.. if it needs gas, i putter in there.
If a guy pays attention to the gallons when you fill up you will probably notice you have a few gallons left when gauge says empty, at least I have noticed on mine

·
Registered
160 Posts
Funny that for 20-25k+ they can’t figure out how to get a gas gauge to work!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Funny that for 20-25k+ they can’t figure out how to get a gas gauge to work!

It's no different than just about every car/truck on the road. Gas gauges are not linear. In a perfectly square fuel cell, yes, but not normal fuel tanks because of their odd shapes. And all vehicle manufacturers build a reserve into the gauge so keep you from running out.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Mileage: 8 or 9 in the sand dunes, 12 - 14 on mountain trails.
Gas gauge: seems like a better way is to monitor gas volume used then divide by miles since a fill just like they do in my truck and sedan then display the number of miles left until empty. Gas gauges are not accurate as I have never seen a truly rectangular tank except in custom vehicles where a float going up and down measures the gas through a liner motion. The Polaris tanks I have seen are bigger on the top than on the bottom, so it takes a long time to come down from full, As the tank gets more empty the gauge comes down more and more quickly as it is smaller on the bottom.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey guys,
Thanks so much for your input! I’ll just have to mount a gas can in the back as I do a lot of long rides.

Yes you are right. They offered me a 32” pro armour wheel package up grade for a great price when I bought the machine. Could t resist.

Beauty of a machine Sanman67! See you at the gas stations.... often.. haha
Do not carry a gas can over the motor. That’s how they go up in flames!

·
Registered
754 Posts

If a guy pays attention to the gallons when you fill up you will probably notice you have a few gallons left when gauge says empty, at least I have noticed on mine
Mine has been fairly consistent... ride 60 miles, refill with 6 gallons, ride 40 miles refill with 4 gallons. 9.5 gallon tank, I'm out by 95. If you include off camber and climbs you'll run the pump dry long before that. I've sputtered the engine at 75 miles with off-camber side hilling.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts