Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the parts schematics for the PXP are finally out, I took the liberty of comparing the gear data for anyone interested, and because I've been curious ever since the release.

The short version is that it's the same gearing as the 2018-2020 XPT4 & XPT4-S with a different idler out/pinion input gear, resulting in gearing that is a whopping .4% lower across the board.

I haven't looked at comparing PN's for interchangeability purposes just yet, but it looks like the gear reduction options will remain the same at first glance...don't quote me on that just yet, but as first glance it appears accurate.

The idler shaft output & pinion shaft input change is an interesting one, it's the first model RZR I've looked into that didn't have the 29/46 combination, the PXP uses a 27/43 gearset. All xp1k's, Turbos,900's, generals, and rangers up to this point have used the 29/46...not sure as to the reason for the change just yet, as the .4% gearing change is obviously very negligible.

If i get some time in the next few days I'll dig into it a bit more, just wanted to put this out there for anyone interested. And if anyone has any further data to add, share away, I don't have a PXP so I'm probably not going to do heavy research into it like I've done for the XPT's, I will work on updating the master sheet from this thread tho: Gear Reduction Master Sheet

·
Registered
965 Posts
I have 32s on my PRO XP and I think low gear is about perfect for me. I don't care for rock crawling but if it has to be done to get to a good trail so be it. I find that when I am about 1/4 throttle if I am trying to keep a constant speed and hit a big consecutive rocks it makes my foot move and the throttle seems sensitive and starts a cycle of being jerkey. It seems sometimes to be very sensitive to slight movements.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
There are several options depending how low you what to go. The Ace 570 gear set will reduce the entire range by 13%, Ace 325 by 26%, and for even lower you can change to a Ranger 1k low gear for a 54% low gear. You can change just low for a 36% lower low. Give us an idea of what you're trying to accomplish and we'll get you the OEM part numbers. Going off memory but for the %s but will get you exact %s and part numbers

·
Denver, CO - 303-400-0205
2,103 Posts
If you just want to drop low, and keep high the same, get the 67/25 gears. Part #'s 3235232 and 3236132.

You currently have a 61/31, so dropping to the 67/25 will result in a 21.4% reduction in low only.

You can go even lower than that, but any steeper and you have to change both high and low at the same time.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
There are several options depending how low you what to go. The Ace 570 gear set will reduce the entire range by 13%, Ace 325 by 26%, and for even lower you can change to a Ranger 1k low gear for a 54% low gear. You can change just low for a 36% lower low. Give us an idea of what you're trying to accomplish and we'll get you the OEM part numbers. Going off memory but for the %s but will get you exact %s and part numbers
Appreciate the help. Going to be using a 32" tire for everything from Taylor Park, Rubicon, Moab to Nevada desert to Glamis. Basically a do all sxs. My last new Polaris was a 2014 XP1K and since then it has been all CanAm. One thing I loved is the X3 low range. Reading Jon Crowley's Pro XP Rubicon review, his main concern was the low gear is too high. Would I be better off with a total transmission gear reduction or just the low range?

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
If you just want to drop low, and keep high the same, get the 67/25 gears. Part #'s 3235232 and 3236132.

You currently have a 61/31, so dropping to the 67/25 will result in a 21.4% reduction in low only.

You can go even lower than that, but any steeper and you have to change both high and low at the same time.
With a 32" tire do you think high range is too tall?

·
Denver, CO - 303-400-0205
2,103 Posts
I run 32's and use that exact low gear set(67/25) in my 17 XPT.

My 17 has 44/29 transfer gears while you have 46/27, so you are already about 10% lower overall than I am. I ride all of the same things you do. Colorado, Moab, Glamis, King of the Hammers, etc.

The real question is do you care about top speed? I prefer the tallest high gear and the lowest low, so that's why I run those two gearsets.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
I run 32's and use that exact low gear set(67/25) in my 17 XPT.

My 17 has 44/29 transfer gears while you have 46/27, so you are already about 10% lower overall than I am. I ride all of the same things you do. Colorado, Moab, Glamis, King of the Hammers, etc.

The real question is do you care about top speed? I prefer the tallest high gear and the lowest low, so that's why I run those two gearsets.
Sounds like it's the 67/25 then. Do you sell Polaris parts?

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I did look a little bit into the part numbers of the gears and such int eh PXP trans just now as I saw the new replies to this post, Chris & Joe got you covered pretty well sandfreak, but to anyone else looking into it, as best as I can tell, the gear reduction options for the 2018-2020 XPT4 will all work, as long as you're not looking into something that requires changing the input shaft. The input shaft is specific to the PXP and the older input shafts will not work with the new secondary design on the PXP. The 25T L gear that needs swapped out on the input shaft (as talked about above) will still fit since it's just a swap of the one gear. The ACE gears will fit as well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts