Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the Ride Command 7" display in a 2020 RZR 900 Trail Fox Edition?

Or has anyone heard if there is newer or will be newer version of the Ride Command that will fit this machine?

Spoke with Polaris and they told me only the older 5 button version will fit this machine. Worried about installing old technology on a newer machine? What will the support be for this? I think I read somewhere these were released in 2016?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was told the same thing - the 7 button has a different wiring harness than the 5 and the mounting kit is different. My salesman said the 5 button had the same "functionality" as the 7 button too. While it may have the same "functionality" the 7 button has better screen resolution, operates faster and more smoothly, has a slightly different interface. The Polaris rep confirmed it is for 2019s only won’t fit older as it has an entirely different wire harness and different mounting. "

I would avoid the old 5 button version.

·
GPS GURU
174 Posts
Sorry to say but the don’t have the same functionality at all, the new version will work without cell service to see other properly equipped cars (V2v antenna installed). The new one doesn’t have GoPro controls and the 5 button is no longer getting updates and everything I’ve seen is the 2020s are supposed to come with ride-command installed already.

·
Registered
20 Posts
everything I’ve seen is the 2020s are supposed to come with ride-command installed already.
Do you mean the display? I've been told by my dealer that the 7 button Ride command isn't even a factory option on the 2020 900, 900s, 1000s models and there is not kit to mount it.

It only comes standard on the xp 1000 premium, the turbo s, and the pro xp ultimate.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE: Noticed a new 2020 RZR 900 Trail Fox Edition that comes with Ride Command on Polaris web site. Spoke with Polaris again and they said it will be released as an accessory in a couple of months, they were having software issue. Glad I have waited.

·
Registered
615 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do you mean the display? I've been told by my dealer that the 7 button Ride command isn't even a factory option on the 2020 900, 900s, 1000s models and there is not kit to mount it.

It only comes standard on the xp 1000 premium, the turbo s, and the pro xp ultimate.
I just bought a 2020 RZR 900 Fox edition...it has the 7 button ride command.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Polaris needs to make us a 1000 turbo TRAIL. :)
Do yourself a favor and get the ECU reflashed. I used BMP. My buddy has a 2019 Turbo XP and we are side by side tell 40mph. My 900 does 75mph before it hits the rev limiter and it is completely stock besides Tusk Terrabites 27x9 on all corners.
Some benefits:
  • 91 Horsepower with just a tune!
  • Known as being the best tune on the market for the RZR 900
  • Opens the throttle body up all the way for maximum horsepower
  • Optimizes fuel and timing curves for better running and more power
  • Raises hard and soft rev limits to 8600 RPM (Still safe for factory valvetrain)
  • Removes the speed limiter
  • Removes torque limiters
  • Removes seat belt limiter
  • Fan temp on/off is lowered
  • Must run 91 Octane Minimum

1 - 9 of 9 Posts