Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am planning to go to 27 tires on my 570. I have seen talk of gear reductions done, mostly on the larger machines, using Polaris ace & ranger parts. Can this same kind of thing be done to a rzr 570? Has anybody done this to a 570 rzr. Not trying to go faster, just keep what I have with larger tires.

John

·
Registered
72 Posts
I dont think you will lose much with 27 inch tires, especially if they are not obnoxiously heavy. You may lose a little "pep" try it and if you feel the difference, get some clutch work done, can easily restore lost pep - cost is a few MPH lost of high end speed

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you wanted you can use the ace 325 reverse shaft and stage 2 gear to drop all gears 12-14% ish. Clutch kit would work or possibly even just putting a stiffer secondary spring in
I think that is what I was reading about ......using the ace gears. Does that drop both high and low the 12-14% or just high or low? What i read was not clear on that.
Do you happen to have e the part numbers for the gears from Polaris that I would need?

John

·
Registered
652 Posts
I think that is what I was reading about ......using the ace gears. Does that drop both high and low the 12-14% or just high or low? What i read was not clear on that.
Do you happen to have e the part numbers for the gears from Polaris that I would need?

John
Drops high low and reverse.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Seems a lot of work for just adding 27's. I have 27's with no issues. Just only hit 50mph top speed now. But i agree with Topcat14 all you need is a clutch kit. Add the 27's first then drive it for a couple weeks to see if you really need the clutch kit.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Seems a lot of work for just adding 27's. I have 27's with no issues. Just only hit 50mph top speed now. But i agree with Topcat14 all you need is a clutch kit. Add the 27's first then drive it for a couple weeks to see if you really need the clutch kit.
I am not looking for high speed or high rpm performance. To me, performance, is trails and forest roads at a 5/10th pace. I'm sure I could get by with stock gearing and I might keep it stock but lower gearing is never a bad thing in my mind out on the trail. I would even be interested in this with stock size tires i think. I'm just looking for info at this time.

Thank you for sharing your experience with adding 27" tires to your 570.

John

·
Registered
180 Posts
I agree. I only hit that top speed just to see where I lost performance because I honestly didn't feel it trail riding at 10mph. My rule of thumb when in doubt just put it in low.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts