Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

461 - 480 of 506 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
But why keep the high performance clutch on the shelf? Just keep the Polaris one for a backup. I have the STM primary and it's night and day performance difference, not even close.
Plan to sway out soon, figured with only 140 miles on the machine, never run my 32's or my paddle set up. Wanted to run it with stock clutch with both of those new set ups, then swap out to STM, so I can see and appreciate the difference. Looking forward to the upgrade soon.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I received my third correspondence on Friday from Polaris pertaining to the Z-20-07 Primary Clutch Failure recall campaign. This notice indicated the "Good Will" gesture of extending the vehicle warranty to one year from the date of purchase. It also indicated Polaris will provide a 2-year complimentary warranty to coverage on the original or replaced primary clutch assembly effective 10/15/2020 (regardless of when you have/had the inspection and replacement (if required)). I personally think the clutch should be warrantied from the time it is inspected and replacement (if required), as I am not scheduled to get my inspection and replacement until 21 Dec (based on dealer's estimate of regular availability of replacement clutch assemblies). Note, I did not push the dealer, as I am in no hurry to get the inspection and/or mitigation complete.

That said, I contacted Polaris this morning to talk about the clutch assembly warranty start period, as well as attempt to request and receive any other Polaris "Good Will" compensation, as some of you have done already. It actually was a pleasant conversation with CS. They were not forthcoming, though, with any other "Good Will" gestures other than the warranty extensions on the vehicle and clutch respectively...however, they indicated on a case-by-case basis, they will evaluate if further compensation is deemed appropriate. Basically, if you can demonstrate you have experienced a hardship due to loss of a trip, loss of deposit (momentary) or reservations, Polaris will consider dispersing a $500 voucher to be used for Polaris parts and accessories through an authorized Polaris dealer. I was not going to lie, as I really haven't suffered any loss of trips, reservations or deposits...I didn't have any trips planned during the Stop Ride instruction. But what I did argue is that I will have to make yet another trip to my dealer, which is (2) hours away from me for the inspection, and will have to leave it there for clutch replacement if it fails (it will fail, wait for next paragraph). After cordially making this argument to the CS rep, he indicated this was a viable claim and it qualified me for a $500 Polaris gift certificate. I received it via email within minutes of hanging up with Polaris.

Now, onto the discussion I had with my dealer. After an email exchange with HK Powersports, Hooksett NH, I provided the pics of each side of my primary. Once the service manager reviewed (referencing the attached pic), he called me and indicated that although he can not officially claim that my clutch will fail without using the official inspection tool, he believes I will fail and is going to order a clutch for my machine. He estimates 2-4 weeks before it will come in, and we mutually agreed to schedule the inspection and work order on 21 Dec, or sooner based on when the new clutch arrives. We also agreed if i can arrived to the dealership when they open, they will get the inspection and mitigation complete within 4-6 hours. I'm in no rush and the dealership service department is swamped right now between SxS and sled service. Based on the dealer stories I have heard on this thread, I feel this is the best I can hope for to limit the number of 2-hour (each way) visits to the dealership. I can't say enough good things about the dealership; the sales, parts and service departments have been outstanding and very sympathetic to this recall campaign.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
It looks bad ass! Have you done this to a SxS before? Curious as to how well it handles scrapes and small rocks being kicked up from the tires occasionally. And how much maintenance is it to keep it looking like that.
I does look bad ass 😆
This is my first SxS so I don't have anything to compare it to on the SxS end.
Per my guy that did it, i should be able to just hose off and dry after getting dirty. I'll find out after this the clutch situation is inspected and taken care of on my ride.
My DHCeramicCoating.com in Vegas, has a get your MH done, well do your SxS for free offer.

I can tell you, my Motorhome looks better than new after the Ceramic Coating. Drove it from SoNV to NoNV and back, it still looks new.. That's with Sun-Snow-Sun weather.

Thanks for asking,
Bradley

·
Registered
16 Posts
Had my clutch replaced last week Thursday. In and out in a day. Took 2 weeks to get it after the failed inspection. Then 3 days notice for installation. Mine is a Pro. Dealer stated getting the replacement for the pro has been about 2 weeks. Repacements for turbo and turbo S are harder to get and are mostly back ordered. I feel lucky I was down only 2 weeks and 4 days.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Fail from me! 20 PRO XP ULTIMATE at the dealership now, said clutches are back ordered not expected to receive one for my RZR FEB-MARCH! Not super happy!

·
Registered
36 Posts
YESSSSSS!!! Dealer just called, clutch came in, they are going to get it in today, and are supposed to drop it off tonight. Desert trip for thanksgiving is saved!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Fail from me! 20 PRO XP ULTIMATE at the dealership now, said clutches are back ordered not expected to receive one for my RZR FEB-MARCH! Not super happy!
Your dealer is full of crap no way will it take 3-4 months to get u a clutch!!!
Only repeating what I was told this morning at dealer, and what they said was the response from Polaris. I’m sure they will take care of their machine’s first. They had four on the floor that also failed.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I called my local dealer and asked about the clutch recall , they said being a pro it will fail and i would have to leave it with them , i asked about storage and was informed it would sit outside in the weather , i asked no inside storage ? was told "no" ,so then i called polaris and they said dealer cant keep your car , great put me in th middle of this bs , glad i spent 25+ k to get treated like crap..

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was also suggested from my dealer,Per. Polaris request that I was to leave my Pro with them. I respectfully declined! My 30k+paper weight will stay in MY garage out of the weather. Dealer recorded miles and hours I figured that was good enough to ensure that I’m not riding it.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
I called my local dealer and asked about the clutch recall , they said being a pro it will fail and i would have to leave it with them , i asked about storage and was informed it would sit outside in the weather , i asked no inside storage ? was told "no" ,so then i called polaris and they said dealer cant keep your car , great put me in th middle of this bs , glad i spent 25+ k to get treated like crap..
I wouldn't leave mine at the dealer for the same reason so they recorded the hours and then checked them when I returned 2 weeks later for my replacement clutch to make sure I didn't ride it. Unless he wants to buy it it's not his to keep.

·
Registered
254 Posts
My 2020 Pro XP 4 purchased in April just passed the clutch inspection today.

I mentioned people saying it would take February to March for a clutch and he laughed and said 2-3 weeks, max.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I does look bad ass 😆
This is my first SxS so I don't have anything to compare it to on the SxS end.
Per my guy that did it, i should be able to just hose off and dry after getting dirty. I'll find out after this the clutch situation is inspected and taken care of on my ride.
My DHCeramicCoating.com in Vegas, has a get your MH done, well do your SxS for free offer.

I can tell you, my Motorhome looks better than new after the Ceramic Coating. Drove it from SoNV to NoNV and back, it still looks new.. That's with Sun-Snow-Sun weather.

Thanks for asking,
Bradley
I’m curious About cost.
Care to divulge?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Also I was told no special warranty since mine passed.
Mine passed and I got the warranty in writing from Polaris. I then called and explained I had already purchased the 5 year warranty. So in turn they offered me $500 in Polaris parts. I had the email within like 20 minutes with the $500 code.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Mine passed and I got the warranty in writing from Polaris. I then called and explained I had already purchased the 5 year warranty. So in turn they offered me $500 in Polaris parts. I had the email within like 20 minutes with the $500 code.
I’ll have to contact Polaris directly for sure. I don’t imagine every service guy at the dealer knows anything or can change anything. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
301 Posts
I wouldn't leave mine at the dealer for the same reason so they recorded the hours and then checked them when I returned 2 weeks later for my replacement clutch to make sure I didn't ride it. Unless he wants to buy it it's not his to keep.

I agree about not letting the dealer dictate where/how it's stored. I don't agree that they have any concern on whether it was driven any more once it leaves their place. As long as the clutch doesn't break/fail under use after you take your machine, it is a coverable recall claim. They cannot base their replacement of parts on whether or not you drove it after it was shown as being failed through inspection, UNLESS further use causes severe damage. Even then the clutch itself should be covered, and anything else would be on you. My $0.02.

461 - 480 of 506 Posts