Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have searched this forum and google to their ends and for the life of me cannot figure out what the torque spec is supposed to be on the secondary clutch bolt with a cup washer and 10.9 bolt.

70lbs seems to be the most common but also seems to be on the high side.

70lb and 10lbs + 90 degrees are both written in the service manual under different sections. Looks like they’ve revised the manuals leading to my confusion

I have seen 55lbs (which is what I’m leaning toward given the 10.9 bolt)

I have also read 43lbs but that seems to be for the 8.8 bolts.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Just my .02, my 2017 XP4 1000 manual specs 55 ft lbs and it uses the same bolt(same P/N). When I did my transmission swap to the XPT stuff I stuck with 55 ft lbs as that’s about max for a 10mm 10.9 bolt looking at most charts. I’ve had my clutch off dozens of times and never an issue.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 2019 XP Turbo and my service manual says 10 ft lbs and 90 degrees. That is what I have done. I haven’t looked through the manual to see if there are any other specs like you have found.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a 2019 XP Turbo and my service manual says 10 ft lbs and 90 degrees. That is what I have done. I haven’t looked through the manual to see if there are any other specs like you have found.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net
Thanks. I ended up torquing to 55lbs. Even that was tighter than I would have gone by feel.

I know these bolts have a tendency to back off so my plan is to retorque after first ride.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts