Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a Coachmen Catilina Trailblazer 26th and have a max width of 68” if I take out the second bench and height is 73” at door. Will it fit!!??!!??

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Isn’t height 74”? The rear tires will be on incline when entering and then it should clear or I need to let a little air out when loading.

·
Registered
59 Posts
You can also ratchet strap the suspension down to make the machine squat a bit, it will help to clear the opening of the trailer.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I went thru this with my toy hauler too. On paper it wont fit thru the door without strapping the suspension down. But the way its shaped the tallest part of the cage clears the door frame before the back tires get up that high, its not even really close. As long as its taller right thru the opening and there arent bunks up there or anything you should be fine height wise.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Take the camper by the dealership and load one in it to see if it will fit, or if you have a friend with one load it and see.

·
EE
151 Posts
OP did you end up getting it to fit? I have a grey wolf 26RR with the same dimensions and it was tight with my XP1000, which has the same exact dimensions as the XP Turbo. It's 73.75" tall BTW. Also when you ratchet strap the unit down and the suspension compresses, the tires will push out wider so be ready for that lol

·
Morris Racing #711
472 Posts
OP did you end up getting it to fit? I have a grey wolf 26RR with the same dimensions and it was tight with my XP1000, which has the same exact dimensions as the XP Turbo. It's 73.75" tall BTW. Also when you ratchet strap the unit down and the suspension compresses, the tires will push out wider so be ready for that lol
Here's my turbo in a grey wolf 26rr. It's tight, I have to have my stock front wheels on to fit so I always have to change those out when I get there bc all of my other tires/wheels are wider. Also don't have the stock cage, so the height isn't an issue with that.

This was the first time I ever pulled mine in the camper, I've learned since then to pull it in farther to get the weight forward and make towing a little smoother. Tried once to back it in but that didn't work for me. The rear most overhead really needs to be on the other side of the camper, I've hit it with my cage a few times pulling in.

Attachments

·
EE
151 Posts
WOW! That cage must be awful short! Mine nearly rubs the ceiling lol. Ya, the rear helmet shelf does not work with a stock cage, I ripped it off the wall the day I brought the camper home. I have since cut it down and remade it entirely to be the same depth as the front cabinet. I also removed all of the handles on the cabinets and put recessed handles in. Makes it fit much better. I added new D rings in the floor up front and remade the entire wheel well too so I could pull the machine further forward. I got the tongue weight from 600lbs up to 850lbs just by moving the machine forward 12 inches. Just an FYI the stock wheel well is constructed of 3/8" OSB and staples. Beneath that is some insulation and then the sheemetal that you see from the outside.

·
Morris Racing #711
472 Posts
yeah I took the handles off the drawers also and have been considering moving the over head to the opposite side just didn't want to leave holes in the camper walls. I'm just a little hesitant, I plan on upgrading in another year or so anyways.

My cage is much shorter but not crazy short, I'm 6' and fit with helmet and plenty of room to clear, the big difference is in the spot right behind your heads, the factory cage gets tall there where mine and most aftermarket cages trail off at the same height or slope to the back

·
EE
151 Posts
yeah I took the handles off the drawers also and have been considering moving the over head to the opposite side just didn't want to leave holes in the camper walls. I'm just a little hesitant, I plan on upgrading in another year or so anyways.

My cage is much shorter but not crazy short, I'm 6' and fit with helmet and plenty of room to clear, the big difference is in the spot right behind your heads, the factory cage gets tall there where mine and most aftermarket cages trail off at the same height or slope to the back

I can tell you this much, if you take it off the wall, plan on rebuilding it entirely. I only reused end pieces and paneling. Also, the wiring for the light underneath the shelf originates from a hole in the wall. I originally intended on moving the shelf to the other side, but when I took it off I realized it would be better to leave it where it is and just cut it down. If your machine fits at all with it in place, I wouldn't touch it. Its made of particle board and staples like everything else in these campers, and likes to fall apart once you touch it lol.

·
Morris Racing #711
472 Posts
I can tell you this much, if you take it off the wall, plan on rebuilding it entirely. I only reused end pieces and paneling. Also, the wiring for the light underneath the shelf originates from a hole in the wall. I originally intended on moving the shelf to the other side, but when I took it off I realized it would be better to leave it where it is and just cut it down. If your machine fits at all with it in place, I wouldn't touch it. Its made of particle board and staples like everything else in these campers, and likes to fall apart once you touch it lol.
good to know! I think I'll just leave it alone that way when I go to sell it it's not something I have to worry about being brought up as an issue

·
Registered
753 Posts
Almost pulled the trigger on a Grey Wolf 27RR... but strapping down an XPT in the back would have been a nightmare.

I've been curious about the 26TH... are there any pics of an XP in the back of one?

·
Morris Racing #711
472 Posts
Almost pulled the trigger on a Grey Wolf 27RR... but strapping down an XPT in the back would have been a nightmare.

I've been curious about the 26TH... are there any pics of an XP in the back of one?
the 27rr would be easy it has the separate garage. I wish I had gotten that one, I almost did but at the time I had 1/2 ton and didn't want to be too heavy.I have since upgraded to a 1 ton and wish I had a 5th wheel. it never ends....

·
Registered
753 Posts

the 27rr would be easy it has the separate garage. I wish I had gotten that one, I almost did but at the time I had 1/2 ton and didn't want to be too heavy.I have since upgraded to a 1 ton and wish I had a 5th wheel. it never ends....
I tried with my 2018, no clearance with party patio gates and a b*tch to ratchet down

Plus the RZR and full water it’s overweight

·
EE
151 Posts

I tried with my 2018, no clearance with party patio gates and a b*tch to ratchet down

Plus the RZR and full water it’s overweight

This is one reason why I did not look for that model. There are lots of toyhaulers we looked at that only have weight capacity to haul a few dirt bikes lol. My F350 could pull many times larger campers, but the 26RR we ended up with checked enough boxes and was still less than 20K out the door...can't beat that!

·
Registered
753 Posts
Have a Coachmen Catilina Trailblazer 26th and have a max width of 68” if I take out the second bench and height is 73” at door. Will it fit!!??!!??
Have you made any headway with this? I'm going to check out a Catalina 26TH tomorrow, but won't be able to bring my RZR. I'm not worried about height but the width at the kitchen cabinets and curbside wall.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The width from the cabinet to wall is 68”, so you have room. I would suggest making a wood framed support that you can place over the wheel well within RV so you don’t damage the wheel well.

·
Morris Racing #711
472 Posts
The width from the cabinet to wall is 68”, so you have room. I would suggest making a wood framed support that you can place over the wheel well within RV so you don’t damage the wheel well.
68" is fine if you run the stock wheels and tires but if you run wheels with 5+2 offsets or more you're most likely going to have to put the stock wheels back on. That's what I have to do with mine in the 26rr

1 - 20 of 23 Posts