Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 7 button ride command has a bug that affects the backlight on the 7 hard buttons.

I noticed ever since I got it (used approx 2 months ago) that the 7 buttons never lit up at night and I had to feel for the buttons.

I found a post somewhere about it, but can't find it now. I was about to remove the RC and open it up to look for corrosion or a loose connection, when I remembered reading about playing with the brightness slider for the screen.

I had never adjusted the brightness, but I had put it in manual mode to stay in day or night. (Its too sensitive and always flickered in shady areas).

I moved the slider and boom the 7 lights lit up and adjusted brightness with the slider.

Now everytime I restart the lights are not on. I have to go to the brightness screen and slide the slider. So it seems software, not hardware related.

Anyone ever experience this, any fixes? Should I try to redo the latest firmware update? I have the latest firmware, maps, and base maps. Everything else works great on RC (except of course the low output volume to amps...)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, think I have some good news. After writing this post, I saw another mentioning the Oct 26 RC update. I thought I had the latest... I installed the Oct 26 update, played with the slider to get the lights to come on and after several power cycles it seems the lights are staying on.

Volume also seems a little louder as well. Super excited about the V2V messaging.

·
Registered
20 XP T4 type S
4 Posts
I have my 2020 turbo S in the shop right now for this issue. Im being told this is a normal operation. Where did you find the update?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its on the Polaris Ride Command website. Since installing the Oct update button lights have stayed on.
But I think even after the update I had to slide the brightness slider to get them to come on.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Mine is doing this as well. I will update to the October build and let you know if corrects mine as well.

·
Registered
20 XP T4 type S
4 Posts
Dealer found a setting that now the lights come on everytime you start. Of course when i picked up, my service advisor was suppose to show me but he was gone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts