Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few of our riding group including me have bought 2019 Turbo S machines with Dynamix. Recently we have installed AMPs to our machines and installed POD speakers for a stereo solution. Although the AMP and wiring works, I end up with a bad whine over the speakers. I have tried everything, including removing grounds, isolating the grounds around the AMP. So far no solution can be found. It seems like there is a bad ground on 2019 Turbo S machines, power circuit is full of noise, including to some extent to my Rugged Radio install. I’ve even found that the Dynamix toggle switch can make it worse or better, if pushed to Firm the noise subsides to almost nil, if left on comfort or sport the noise returns. We have 2 machines with the exact issue now, each with different AMPs installed.

So the question, what have others found related to this & has anyone tracked down bad grounds? The ground on the frame behind the driver looks like it could play a role, every ground on the machine seems to terminate there?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Interesting for sure and it sounds like you have a good place to start! I have the SSV Works speakers and amp but no machine as its on order. So definitely stay in touch with your findings!!

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
I have the SSV Works Amp and kicker pod speaker kit made specifically for the Turbo S. I have it installed in the machine and it works flawlessly. I know some others were having problems with speaker and amp combinations and ended up putting some kind of noise suppressor somewhere in the wiring. Look on the forum for the dynamix model as you may find the information there.

·
Registered
338 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am almost positive it is dependent on which amp you choose. I have a powerbass which works perfectly, but before I received it I was testing with an old sony amp out of an old car of mine and the noise was unbearable.

·
Registered
338 Posts
There have been posts about this on a few SXS pages (facebook)
The 19's with the 7 button RC seem to be much worse.
The problem with Ground Loop Isolator's is that you will give up some sound quality. The link I posted above is a good resource as they have dealt with the issue and had fixes for it.

·
2019 RZR XP Turbo S
323 Posts
I have the SSV Works Amp and kicker pod speaker kit made specifically for the Turbo S. I have it installed in the machine and it works flawlessly. I know some others were having problems with speaker and amp combinations and ended up putting some kind of noise suppressor somewhere in the wiring. Look on the forum for the dynamix model as you may find the information there.
I was about to go this route - a reviewer on AMZN says there's some bluetooth issue that neither PoPo nor SSV will fix - wasn't sure what it was. Asked but no reply.

Is your Turbo S a 2018 0r 2019? I have the 2019 with 7-button.

Thanks
Bux

·
Registered
338 Posts
I installed a sys in an 18 (5 button) S a few months ago w/o any issues. I havent gotten around to installing in my 19 just yet.

Where are you grabbing power for the amp? If you pull the rca's while the system is on, does it change? Pull one RCA at a time too. Try another set of RCA cables that are shielded but hold them away from the car so its not near any other electronics.

·
2019 RZR XP Turbo S
323 Posts
I installed a sys in an 18 (5 button) S a few months ago w/o any issues. I havent gotten around to installing in my 19 just yet.

Where are you grabbing power for the amp? If you pull the rca's while the system is on, does it change? Pull one RCA at a time too. Try another set of RCA cables that are shielded but hold them away from the car so its not near any other electronics.
Have run power from bus bar and straight from battery (also tried power conditioner in line).

Have used two different harness RCA adapters; have used various RCA plugs. Have moved wires all over the place - tried all sorts of stuff. Hiss is gone when in FIRM mode, loud in COMFORT or SPORT.

Have tried all the AMP out connectors; have tried multiple amps.

Have tried running ground wire from outside of RCA plug to frame.

Hiss on one channel only. Plug one RCA in, no hiss, plug other in, hiss.

Have to drop gain back and back to avoid hiss but then can barely hear. :|

·
Registered
338 Posts
Strange.... I'd be looking at all the grounds for the ride command and the dynamix

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Mine is on a 2019 2 seat with the 7 button ride command unit. I haven't had any issues except the stupid wire came out of the power plug twice. Once I got that tightened down as tight as I could get it I haven't had any problems since. Make sure you do this because if you have an aftermarket cage with a lower crossbar the upper dash is super hard to remove without taking a bunch of other stuff apart or lifting up the front of the roll cage. I have a dual battery set up in my car and I run the stereo amp power straight from my second battery. Besides the battery isolater it is the only thing hooked up to that battery.

As for bluetooth problems I have only had one. I can bluetooth my iphone X and my rugged radio intercom to it without any problems. Everything works just fine. On my 2018 XP ride command I had problems using the volume when doing this. Not on this new one though. The only problem I have with this one is when I use my ipad. We have tested this with three different models of ipads and it was the same with all three. All of the ipads will connect with the ride command and show up as connected on the screen. it looks like all the features will work until you start to play music. For the life of me I cannot get music to play from my ipad to the ride command head unit. It will come up on the screen that something is disabled but I cannot figure out what. We tried three different ipads and it said the same for all three. I called apple and they said it was a known problem with ipad and ipod but not iphone. It sucks because I wanted to use my ipad to run a second GPS software and for all my music. Guess I will just stick with my phone instead as it works properly.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a 19 with the seven button Mine sitting idol with the machine not running you do have the hiss with no music is on. Once you start playing music I cannot hear it anymore and I am running to the SSV four speaker kicker set up. One thing that pisses me off though is playing Bluetooth from Pandora through the radio like it skips every 25 seconds. I listen to Pandora every day on every device and I’ve never had it do this on anything else but this machine it goes away if you plug it in To the machine but then the controls on the screen don’t work for fast forward and play only the volume button works then. This is the thing that upsets me the most and I don’t know how to fix it

·
AZNorseman
49 Posts
Bought the exact same ground loop isolator and tried on my Turbo S - no luck.
Dumb question, but where did you install the ground loop isolator? On mine, if I put it between the ride command adapter and the RCA cables that run to the amp there was no change in the hiss sound. When I put it between the amp and the RCA cables (with the other end of the RCA cables plugging into the Ride Command adapter), no more hiss. I don’t believe I have sound quality issues with this adapter either, sounds great.

Good luck, hope this helped.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Do you have a picture of where you did that at. The Hiss you are talking about is it when you’re not playing the speakers and they just sit there and make that hissing sound when it’s paused. I just figured that was normal

·
Registered
7 Posts
A few of our riding group including me have bought 2019 Turbo S machines with Dynamix. Recently we have installed AMPs to our machines and installed POD speakers for a stereo solution. Although the AMP and wiring works, I end up with a bad whine over the speakers. I have tried everything, including removing grounds, isolating the grounds around the AMP. So far no solution can be found. It seems like there is a bad ground on 2019 Turbo S machines, power circuit is full of noise, including to some extent to my Rugged Radio install. I’ve even found that the Dynamix toggle switch can make it worse or better, if pushed to Firm the noise subsides to almost nil, if left on comfort or sport the noise returns. We have 2 machines with the exact issue now, each with different AMPs installed.

So the question, what have others found related to this & has anyone tracked down bad grounds? The ground on the frame behind the driver looks like it could play a role, every ground on the machine seems to terminate there?
You cannot have a amp with Dynamix. Polaris even states this. You will get the interference. It's not recommended. I went with the sound bar and 2 pod speakers since they have internal amps. Sounds great too.

·
Premium Member
989 Posts

You cannot have a amp with Dynamix. Polaris even states this. You will get the interference. It's not recommended. I went with the sound bar and 2 pod speakers since they have internal amps. Sounds great too.
That makes no sense at all.

1) I have never heard Polaris state this, you’re the first person I’ve ever heard say that and well I spend a lot of time on this forum and other groups.

2) if Polaris didn’t want you to have amplifiers they wouldn’t have audio outs from the factory.

3) Hate to tell you but your sound bar and pods have just as you said “internal amps” they operate exactly the same as an “external amp”. Signal in, signal out. There is absolutely no difference in theory. They can be made by a different manufacturer using different components, end of the day it is still an amplifier no matter if it’s internal or external aka a normal amp.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts