Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 Turbo S, 1800 miles on it and now the Turbo will sometimes not work. Does not matter when either. cold, hot, warm, elevation is all the same.

Then I turn off the car wait till the lights go off, and the Turbo works again.

Any help is solving this issue would be great, I am tired of backing down the hill :) cause my Turbo is not working!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a 2019 Turbo S, 1800 miles on it and now the Turbo will sometimes not work. Does not matter when either. cold, hot, warm, elevation is all the same.

Any help is solving this issue would be great, I am tired of backing down the hill :) cause my Turbo is not working!!
Is it displaying any error codes ?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Non at all, I have been, feeling, listening to it works fine while the car is running, then when I shut it off no turbo, even on the first ride.
That's odd. Having you checked all the piping/tubing going into and out of the turbo ? Possibly could be leaking. OR...blow off valve stuck open. But just throwing out ideas at this point.

·
Registered
41 Posts
thx.
When I took in in last month, they said it through electrical outage codes. they cleared them, this last weekend was the first ride after no issues but I was not in the Dunes where it has happened in the past.
I found this other thread. Looks like his boost problem was a sticky blow off valve (BOV). I'm think what's happening with your is you build initial boost because the valve is only slightly stuck so once you cut off the engine (eliminate the boost) it has a chance to close and slightly stick closed. Then once you crank it back up and get on it you build boost since its slightly stuck closed but then inevitably lose boost once it fully opens and starts to get stuck open.

The only way to test it really is to take a look at it which you'd have to remove it. If you ever wanted an aftermarket blow off valve to test this theory...now's your chance :) !!!

Here the link to that other thread they were discussing boost.
NEW Turbo Not Building Boost?

·
Premium Member
3,451 Posts

How are you determining that the turbo isn't working ?? What is it doing or not doing when it is not running correctly?
Are you sure there are no codes ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How are you determining that the turbo isn't working ?? What is it doing or not doing when it is not running correctly?
Are you sure there are no codes ?
It runs like it only has 100HP and when the Turbo kicks in it has the 168HP huge difference..

·
Premium Member
3,451 Posts
Have you scrolled thru the options on your dash to see if there are any codes remaining?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I found this other thread. Looks like his boost problem was a sticky blow off valve (BOV). I'm think what's happening with your is you build initial boost because the valve is only slightly stuck so once you cut off the engine (eliminate the boost) it has a chance to close and slightly stick closed. Then once you crank it back up and get on it you build boost since its slightly stuck closed but then inevitably lose boost once it fully opens and starts to get stuck open.

The only way to test it really is to take a look at it which you'd have to remove it. If you ever wanted an aftermarket blow off valve to test this theory...now's your chance :) !!!

Here the link to that other thread they were discussing boost.
NEW Turbo Not Building Boost?
I am thinking its the waste gate as well. Its under full warranty so I'll just keep taking it in. The Good news
Have you scrolled thru the options on your dash to see if there are any codes remaining?
No I'll do that

·
Premium Member
3,451 Posts
it should show a 1127 code ...over boost or under boost

1 - 14 of 14 Posts