Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. So im building my sons 570 Trail and bought the Lonestar long travel kit. Installed the rear arms and put the shocks back on now the arms are sitting flat. Im just curious if anyone is running a long travel kit and what exactly did you have to go to for the shocks to be the correct length. For some reason I can't find the answer to this question of what lengths or what other machine should I be ordering these shocks for. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What does LoneStar say? They must know what shocks work with it
I haven’t got the exact answer except yes I need new shocks. I haven’t been told which ones I would need. Some on other threads said to use the equivalent to 800s model. It’s a lot of money to throw at something I’m not 100% sure would work.

·
Vandal
748 Posts
I haven’t got the exact answer except yes I need new shocks. I haven’t been told which ones I would need. Some on other threads said to use the equivalent to 800s model. It’s a lot of money to throw at something I’m not 100% sure would work.
I researched doing this a while back and found that you can use the stock rears on the front after installing the long travel kit, and the rears will be from a ranger XP or a 800S rears Hope this helps You can find these shocks on e bay Personally I'd get some better shocks than the stock shocks

·
Registered
807 Posts
The shocks themselves are technically ok other than the fact they do not have much for spring adjustments. If someone is riding slow terrain and doesnt carry any extra weight then the stock shocks should work fine. Most riders are adults and the stock springs are just too weak to support 2 large adults and some extra gear. The actual shock absorber/dampner of the stock shock is decent enough quality.. So it depends on your needs.

·
Vandal
748 Posts
The shocks themselves are technically ok other than the fact they do not have much for spring adjustments. If someone is riding slow terrain and doesnt carry any extra weight then the stock shocks should work fine. Most riders are adults and the stock springs are just too weak to support 2 large adults and some extra gear. The actual shock absorber/dampner of the stock shock is decent enough quality.. So it depends on your needs.
How much will you give me for a complete set with 300 miles on them Hondaracer

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I researched doing this a while back and found that you can use the stock rears on the front after installing the long travel kit, and the rears will be from a ranger XP or a 800S rears Hope this helps You can find these shocks on e bay Personally I'd get some better shocks than the stock shocks
Thank you for the info. I ended up ordering some Elka shocks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts