Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Vendor
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought I'd get on here and let everyone know what is going on with the new 2019 evaporative emissions XP turbo & turbo s models. These are very similar to the other turbos, but yet different.

These models are required in California, but we have seen them pop up in Arizona and Nevada as well. The wire harness is different, the ECU internally is different, the fuel pump is also different and is controlled by a separate PWM. This is a full closed loop wideband setup which works very well to regulate your AFR's to what is commanded. They also have a purge valve to return fuel tank fumes back into your intake tract which is really no big deal.

With this new internal workings on the ECU, I worked with Dynojet to express the project so we could get after tuning these right away. We now have the capability to tune the evap models, and all tunes are available.

The strange.... this seems to be a Polaris/Bosch issue. Some of the ECU's written are without a few various ID numbers that have to be programmed into the ECU. The powervision tuner looks for these to determine what type of ECU/model it is. If you hook up the powervision that has the new firmware for the 2019 evap models to one of these models, it still has no connection to the vehicle. If this is the case I believe Polaris will have a fix for you soon, or we can have special firmware written if you send the PV_INFO file off your tuner. So far we have had a few like this, and many not like this. Really hit or miss at this point.

If you have one of these models you need to let us know as the tune compat is different. We also are not reading over diagnostic, only writing. On a normal XPT right now when you get a tuner it will read your stock file out first. On the evap models, we will load your stock file on the tuner. No big deal at all as that's what we used to do, and the same thing we do with can am models. I'll snap a few pictures soon of what to look for, but you can see the purge valve on the drivers side of the vehicle with these models, and another module under the seat for the PWM.

The good points:

- Full wideband closed loop fueling (auto tune basically)
- Powervision tuner can display actual AFR's
- PWM fuel pump is capable of providing more fuel which is great for higher tunes. More on this once we push the limits further.

-Mike

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
Thanks Mike for the info. In your opinion are these CA models a better system than the non-evap models, that will allow for additional tweaking and monitoring?

·
Vendor
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes IMO they are better. You have to deal with the evap system on them, but the wideband setup is nice. Having an air/fuel ratio on board without having to purchase extra equipment comes in handy on the customer end and my end when trying to diagnose issues.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Is there any easy way to tell which system the machine has? Been looking at the ‘19 turbos. In PA as well as some other states, autos have Cali emissions. Not sure if off-road is the same?

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

1 - 5 of 5 Posts