Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

New to this forum and need some advise. Just bought a new 18 RZR 1K XP. We went riding this weekend and there was lots of water. We anticipated this and used dielectric grease in all the plugs (that I can see). We went riding and after 30 min of hitting puddles it went into limp mode. Diagnostics showed SPN 65613 FMI 2 Source 0. P1135: ETC Accelerator Position Sensor Outputs 1&2 Correlation. Correlation Fault. On the trail we disconnected all the plugs and blew them out and reapplied dielectric grease. We also took apart the pedal and it was dry. We still blew it out but didn't add any grease because I didn't want to interfere with the sensor. Limped out and the code went away after several hours. Next day same thing. I cant believe this machine cant get wet. Did I miss a plug, does anyone know where the Sensor is on the motor, or is there a connector that cant be seen easily or can only be gotten to after the removal of another part. Someone has figured this out, please help! Thanks in advance

·
Registered
9 Posts
The same thing happened to my 2017 this past weekend. Hope you have better luck than me finding a solution. I put dielectric grease on the throttle and peddle connectors, but I'm not very confident that this is the solution.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had this problem out on a trail with multiple water crossings. I also put dielectric grease in the throttle connectors. I tried to narrow it down by submerging the throttle pedal in a bucket of water and could not create the same problem. After I did this I cleaned all connections with electrical cleaner and reapplied dielectric grease just to ensure no future corrosion. I also checked every plug, ECM and fuse box and found no water intrusion into them either. I am wandering if its water getting into the back of a plug. I was thinking of potting the rear of the plugs with either silicone or liquid electrical tape. There is also a nano coating they use in hobby, aircraft and marine applications that you can dip electronics in making them waterproof that might be an option as well. I need to dig into this again, I was starting to think it was just me, but now it may still be an issue when riding in the water.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, but I will figure out. Since I live in the desert we dont ride in deep water much just puddles and rain which doesnt affect it. Past experience with extended warranty wasn't good, they dont fix anything. I rather work on it myself anyway, I enjoy it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So, somewhere along the same vein. We purchased a 2018 XP1000 NorthStar Edition. Out on a Search & Rescue call out on New Year's day and couldn't get throttle response much above idle. Shop stated it could be a belt problem??? Unless there's some kind of sensor on the belt I'm not sure how that would keep it from revving up. It didn't matter if it was in standard, work, or performance mode, it would not accelerate or pull much above idle. Fortunately we didn't have to go through heavy snow (we have tracks). It idled for a bit after we got to the subjects and it pulled strong for a few hundred yards then went back to "non-response" mode. It's like it's hitting a governor, or the sensor for the seat belts, or starving on fuel.
Anyone else had this issue? Got any ideas for a fix?
Trying to get it back to the shop, but like some of the other responders, the shop is 1.5 hours away, and this is peak season for Search & Rescue. We can't really have it out of commission for very long.
I personally have the same machine and tracks, and mine has never done this to me. Matter of fact if you're in performance mode and stomp on it, it will spin the tracks.
Thanks
Bob English
[email protected]

·
Registered
42 Posts
2018 XP1000 bought new mid of Sept. Was on a ride back in late Oct-Nov(428 miles on it). About 90 miles into a ride running down the grade 55-60 mph, lost the throttle like you let completely off the pedal. Coasted to stop(engine light on), no throttle. Tried restarting several times and engine light off until applying throttle. Got it to move 10-15 feet once or twice at basically idle rpm. Brought to dealer and it had 8-9 codes for the throttle(which is about how many times I tried to restart it and get it to move.
They replaced the throttle pedal assy. under warranty(only 2 months old).

Funny thing was it sat on my trailer for 4 or 5 days before the dealer could get it in. The day I brought it to dealer for appointment, for curiosity sake jumped in and started it up. Hit the throttle and everything was normal again. Had the back tires spinning on the trailer(strapped down of course), got to dealer and drove off the trailer into service area like normal. Go figure.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just had the same issue today on a 18 RZR 1000 XP 4. Working on the issue

Sent from my iPad using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
393 Posts
It is a Bad Ground to the ECU or Engine, clean and tighten all grounds. Inspect wires coming off the TB (There are 6) look for Insulation coming off one or 2. There are 2 5VDC Sensor Voltages to the TB one is .6V and the other is 4.9V they are the opposite of each other, 2 are Grounds, one through the ECU the other to Frame. The Last 2 Wires drive the Butterfly in the TB, they are the bigger wires.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ok. I tried everything on mine. I checked every connection and every ground. In the end, I put my accelerator peddle on my friends unit and the problem moved to his unit. I bought a new peddle and I am back to normal.

Sent from my iPad using RZRForums.net

1 - 12 of 12 Posts