Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new to me 2017 Turbo is giving me trouble.
Goes into limp mode as soon as I accelerate. Bogs down and goes into limp mode. Throws codes 65590 65592, upon limp mode. If I let it idle check engine /codes goes away.
I've checked compression, fuel pressure. Lots of new parts:
Replaced spark plugs, spark plug wires, coil and wore, new battery, new clutch, new OEM belt, new injectors and pigtails.

What am I missing? Had a few mechanics check it and none have been able to pinpoint a cause or problem.

Thanks for any help or new ideas on what to check.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Does it do anything abnormal before it throws a code? Do you have any engine mods or performance accessories ?
When you replaced the clutch did you replace both the primary and the secondary?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you cleaned the fuel filter [sock] inside the tank?
Yes. It's clean.
Last thing I option was a new ECM. Went ahead and bought a new one at dealer.
At first they told me it was plug and play, turns out it needs to be programed. Waiting on them to program it.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,685 Posts
How many miles are on the machine?

You say you checked fuel pressure...what was the fuel pressure when you checked it? and did you just check at idle, or where you able to check under load?

When you changed the belt, did you scuff and clean the sheaves. and then break in the new belt properly?

Were the belt and primary clutch replaced at the same time?

Are there any other symptoms before it throws the codes and goes into limp mode?

Did you clean the crank snout and torque the primary clutch properly on installation, with a new bolt?

Have you pulled the new primary back off since you installed it?

·
Registered
322 Posts
You could still have a bad fuel pump even if it has proper fuel pressure at idle. Does it have good fuel pressure under load?

I’ve replaced 2 fuel pumps on my 2018 xpt2 so far. Symptoms were normal at idle. Under load, it would start to sputter and hesitate. If i pushed it enough, it would backfire and throw a code. It got worst as it warmed up.

Maybe the new ecm will fix the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How many miles are on the machine?

You say you checked fuel pressure...what was the fuel pressure when you checked it? and did you just check at idle, or where you able to check under load?
70psi idle only

When you changed the belt, did you scuff and clean the sheaves. and then break in the new belt properly?
Cleaned it, but haven't broke in since car isn't working

Were the belt and primary clutch replaced at the same time?
Yes

Are there any other symptoms before it throws the codes and goes into limp mode?
No, just slows down

Did you clean the crank snout and torque the primary clutch properly on installation, with a new bolt?
Yes

Have you pulled the new primary back off since you installed it?
No

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,685 Posts
70psi idle only
That's too high, I would look into the fuel pressure regulator, the vaccum lines to and around the regulator, or the pump itself. Spec is 58 +/- 2 psi.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update:
Got the ECM programed. Put on my buddy's working fuel pump.

No change.
Any other ideas? Could it possibly be the 87octane gas I used in it?

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,685 Posts
Still need to check pressure with his pump, could still be an issue with the regulator or vacuum lines.

Possible that the 87 octane is contributing to the issue, but unlikely it’s the root cause, you need to get it out of there regardless tho.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,685 Posts
There is also a procedure to have the new ECU learn the ECT (throttle body) position. Turn key on without starting for 60 seconds, then turn key off and wait 3 minutes. Then start as normal.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts