Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 900 Trail shifter will go past D when selecting drive. It’s like a stop point broke. This happened on a fairly rough, rocky ride today. I can still select all gears but have to do so carefully. Any suggestions on where to start will be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That’s good to know. I was on a long steep uphill trail with 95+ ambient temperature. Running slow in 4WD so no air movement. I’ll take a closer look at the cable and shield it.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
56 Posts
Mine let go two years ago. It got so hot it even melted the nylon tube inside the wire cable wrap that the actual shift cable runs through for smooth operation. And when it cooled down the internal cable was fused to the inner sheathing rendering it immobile. Had to disconnect it for the rst of the day and shift it manually the rest of the day. Beware do not buy an after market cable as they evidently do not have the nylon sheathing inside and you can feel and hear the movement of the internal cable. I got a Polaris cable and wrapped it with reflective heat tape and then split a hose about 8 inches long put over the cable and wrapped it again with heat tape.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine would not go in to park when I unloaded it from the trailer. I was an hour away from home up in the Beaverhead to set up some trail cameras and thought about disconnecting it like you did. I ended up taking some bailing wire off a barbed wire fence and wrapping it about six times and that worked fine for the day. It only set me back about ten minutes ha ha.
I found a used on on flea-bay for 35bucks and will put heat wrap and heater hose over it when its installed .
Definitely steer clear from the aftermarket ones they have about the worst rating you can get.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts