Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

2017 1000s vs 900s

5K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Greyhoundman 
#1 ·
Im currently looking at 2 options a 900s with ~120hrs 750mi and a 1000s with 170hrs 1700mi. Both are right around the same price and similar add ons. Can anyone help me with differences between the 2 other than the obvious bigger motor? Any items to be on the look out for with either model?
Thanks

#2 ·
I love my '17 900s. I am a big guy and it never fails to get me where I want to go. Bigger motor never hurts but i have not regretted the decision. Only thing i added was a winch (i always add that) and a fire extinguisher just in case. Now mine did come with light bar, side mirrors, rear mirror, and front bumper.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Depends on where and how you want to ride. AND how much weight you intend to carry, both passengers and tools, spare tire, refreshments. Tight trails, either one. Sand, well, you can never have too much power in the sand.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk Pro

#5 ·
Depends on where and how you want to ride. AND how much weight you intend to carry, both passengers and tools, spare tire, refreshments. Tight trails, either one. Sand, well, you can never have too much power in the sand.

I'm ~ 230 and usually ride alone with my wife riding occasionally. Mostly trail riding in the southeast so no sand or dunes and no deep mud. If there are no real differences in the machines other than the power, I guess it comes down to do I want the lower mileage 900 or slightly higher mileage 1k. I had a 2015 900s previously and never really got in a situation where I needed the extra power.

#4 ·
I'm about 180 lbs, don't carry much stuff, don't dune, and my S900 does just fine.

#7 ·
I have a tuned 900 with a clutch kit and 30" carnivores it has plenty of power for any trail riding, rock crawling, or hill climbs and I have no problem keeping up with faster, more powerful machines on trails and up to about 40-45mph in the open spaces beyond that they will pull away. if you want bigger tires or want to be the fastest bike out there look elsewhere than the 900...I have had it up to 70 but it takes a bit to get there once you pass 55-60.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.