Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last ~25% of the gas pedal do nothing and cause the machine to lose almost all power. It will not go over 55-60 MPH. The RPMs climb to around ~8200 and once I hit 55-60 it drops to around 7500 and sits there. I can barely get the tires to break loose from a stop because of the power loss. If I go easy on it and slowly speed up, it gets to 55 and then has the same problem. Then, I floored it and got a check engine light. 65590, 65591, and 65592 which are all related to misfires. It went into limp mode, but shutting it off for a few minutes gets rid of the codes for a bit. I really do not think it's misfiring, but I've been wrong before. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance! :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you done any engine or clutch mods ...or is it completely stock?
Completely stock. Took the clutch cover off and the belt is eaten up and there is a ticking noise coming from the primary clutch that gets really bad the higher I Rev it. Do I need a new primary? Rebuild? Has the spider nut backed off?

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
I would start by cleaning the sheaves and blowing out the primary and secondary. Replace the belt and break it in before romping on it . Then re test and see if the noise goes away and if all works. Sounds like it is pretty simple if the belt is toast the symptoms you stated are normal .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would start by cleaning the sheaves and blowing out the primary and secondary. Replace the belt and break it in before romping on it . Then re test and see if the noise goes away and if all works. Sounds like it is pretty simple if the belt is toast the symptoms you stated are normal .
Awesome. Will try that and get back to you. Also, I noticed belt marks on the bottom of the clutch cover. Is that normal?

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
Where ...in the bottom of the secondary? If this is the case clean them off and check it soon after break in at Low rpm ...If that is happening then yes you have a problem and it will continue to eat belts ...call Tod at Hunterworks

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
Sorry I just realized you said marks on the bottom of the cover not the bottom of the secondary ....No that is not normal. Again I would call Tod at Hunterworks this is his specialty

1 - 8 of 8 Posts