Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Vendor
10,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was able to go through the 2016 RZR microfiche and below is what I can find so far and please no one hold my feet to the fire, the microfiche is not 100 always.

2016 XP1000 and XP4 1000 no change in clutching that I can see. The XP 1000 is actually not on the microfiche but the XP4 1000 is I am assuming no change for the XP 2 seat. Same belt as last year

1000 S model, all new secondary clutch not seen before with square secondary rollers called square tied pucks on the outside of clutch and still round ones on the helix on inside, same primary clutch and belt as the 1000 XP

900S model, same everything

1000 Turbo, all new everything, belt, primary and secondary. Will it work on a XP? No idea, even if physically fits, the springs weights etc would not match the XP model

This is what I have so far, I will edit this and update it as I know more.

Todd

·
Vendor
10,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would say the microfiche must be wrong (not updated) as Franks regular 2016 XP1000 had the square pucks as seen in the picture he posted here:

http://www.rzrforums.net/general-rzr-discussion/174349-2016-polaris-line-up-live-las-vegas-6.html#post2104596
As mentioned the the 2016 XP 1000 is not in the microfiche but the XP4 is and I said I am assuming.

Also, not sure what vehicle that one pic is, could be a 1000 S

Hopefully they load the XP 1000 into the microfiche soon or actually see one

Todd

·
Vendor
456 Posts
Yup, primary is the exact same on all XP1000's except calibration.

The secondary is now like the 850 sportsman. The helix holds the spring down. The rollers are made to the splines and no separate dampener. Rollers are larger than previous models, shaft out of the trans is a different diameter and the helix is slightly longer if I remember correctly.

I had them in hand a while back to look them over, then CMM imaged the helix.

·
Vendor
10,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

The secondary is now like the 850 sportsman. The helix holds the spring down. The rollers are made to the splines and no separate dampener. Rollers are larger than previous models, shaft out of the trans is a different diameter and the helix is slightly longer if I remember correctly.

What vehicle are you talking about?

·
Vendor
456 Posts

2016 XP 1000's non turbo 2 or 4 seat

·
Vendor
10,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Microfiche shows XP4 same clutch as last year except for the two roll pins that hold two of the rollers in and same primary as last year.

Now if you mean the 1000S then yes it is different

·
Registered
456 Posts
Microfiche shows XP4 same clutch as last year except for the two roll pins that hold two of the rollers in and same primary as last year.

As shown above in the link to FJK. The 2016 secondary for the XP 1000 and 4 is different. If I am not mistaken that picture was taken from an XP 4 FJK is building for a friend.

·
Vendor
10,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

As shown above in the link to FJK. The 2016 secondary for the XP 1000 and 4 is different. If I am not mistaken that picture was taken from an XP 4 FJK is building for a friend.
Guess we need to get with FJK and see what the picture was

Microfiche for the XP4 say different and I think it is right on this one even going to the usage it shows what it is used on.

I "think" that is a picture of a 1000S only secondary but could be anything.

I am just reporting what I see so far on microfiche to start getting a heads up.

Todd

·
Vendor
10,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
456 Posts
can't get that link to work

I have seen the pic but nothing I saw in the pic says what it is.

BTW, not arguing but we have to be 100% on this[/QUOTE]

I understand, i am not either. If you read the page before and a little above the pic FJK is posting regarding a blue 2016 1K 4 which he is building for a friend.

·
Vendor
10,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
can't get that link to work

I have seen the pic but nothing I saw in the pic says what it is.

BTW, not arguing but we have to be 100% on this
I understand, i am not either. If you read the page before and a little above the pic FJK is posting regarding a blue 2016 1K 4 which he is building for a friend.[/QUOTE]

FJK, message me and said it was a four seater, guess the microfiche is wrong on the 4 seat

I know the 1000S fiche is right though

Polaris sucks, can't even get microfiche right!!! LOL

Something is wrong though, if you look at microfiche someone had to do a whole lot of typing on the XP4 model parts diagram and that is a whole lot of wrong.

But hey, my Ranger 900 came with a 1000 primary clutch on it so nothing surprises me.

Todd

Todd

1 - 15 of 15 Posts