Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a 2016 Ranger ETX with the code 0-1268-3 on the unit. From what I see here and understand this is "Short to ground" at the coil. Let me give you a little history, this unit has sat for a few years here in southeastern Texas, so a rat has chewed on the wires. The customer and I have both patched the wires with good soldering and heat shrink to help keep water and weather out. But since then we have had an issue with it running, we can get it started but when throttling up it dies. it will start again, but it is hard to get it to crank off. After a few tries it starts and idles. I have tried to get it to just idle also for a period of time but it will cut off and die after a few minutes. I haven't yet put my inline spark test on the spark plug wire, but will try that in the morning. I have load tested the battery and it has passed as a good battery. (It's a AMG style with 220 cca). Is there any other suggestions I should look at? Thank you for your time and help... ~TEK

·
Registered
849 Posts
Mag side coil driver shorted to B+
This code can be caused by several factors. The wiring harness to the coil is faulty. Inspect the wiring harness going to the coil and ensure the wiring is in good condition with no bare wires and no broken wires. The other issue could be that the coil is shorted. To test the coil use a digital multimeter and measure the resistance between pins 1-2 and 2-3 of the ignition coil. The resistance should be approximately 0.4 Ohms. If it is less then the coil may be faulty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mag side coil driver shorted to B+
This code can be caused by several factors. The wiring harness to the coil is faulty. Inspect the wiring harness going to the coil and ensure the wiring is in good condition with no bare wires and no broken wires. The other issue could be that the coil is shorted. To test the coil use a digital multimeter and measure the resistance between pins 1-2 and 2-3 of the ignition coil. The resistance should be approximately 0.4 Ohms. If it is less then the coil may be faulty.
I will check on this here in a few and let you know. Thank you for your time.. ( It's game day.... GO PSU!!! WE ARE!! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts