Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Who cares how long it’s been? Some guys I know have rzrs and drive them 100 miles a year. If he sent in a ecm and wasn’t told it was a exchange program, meaning you might get someone else’s ecm, then he should have gotten his original one back.

·
Formerly 'bodywerks
134 Posts
Who cares how long it’s been? Some guys I know have rzrs and drive them 100 miles a year. If he sent in a ecm and wasn’t told it was a exchange program, meaning you might get someone else’s ecm, then he should have gotten his original one back.
100% agree. I also don't understand why people don't just use a remote tuner, like PCVx.
For the OP, I would go that route before I did business with EVO again. They already screwed you once...

·
Registered
596 Posts
Ok, don't want to sound like a broken record, but, 5 hours to diag a defective ECU. I do not believe in throwing rocks, but this is excessive. All they had to do was swap the ECU with a known good unit. Should have been one of the first things they did. Especially after seeing the ECU, and you disclosing it was a "flashed" unit. I realize this is not what this thread is about, but the cost you incurred is high.

Sam

·
Vendor
537 Posts
Yeah, it's been over a year, well over a year. I tried getting an explanation, I really did. I called repeatedly and talked to the same guy over the phone and on email. The only response I got was that the owner will tune my new ECU for free. No explanation of why my original ECU wasn't sent back to me and no explanation of why it had all these odd VINs from different countries on it. I asked all of these questions and just wanted to know why and how it could relate to the issue I was having, but I got nothing of the sort. I did my research prior to getting the "flash" on my ECU and went with them because they had great results. I had great results for a while, but then it disabled my car from running. The dealer told me that what was done to the ECU, the ECU that didn't come with my RZR, was the issue. What else am I supposed to believe if the guys from Evo don't tell me otherwise? That's my frustration.

Again, I'm super stoked at the people that have had great luck with their work. I did for quite a while. Honestly, if I had just been given some
legitimate explanation of how the above happened, I would've accepted it and moved on. But that has happened despite my efforts. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to accept a free tune on an ECU when my original questions aren't even answered.
Hello,

I am sorry about what happened with your ECU. I am one of the owners. Please DM me your phone number and I will call you so we can figure this out and get you sorted. - Todd

·
Registered
596 Posts
Yeah, it's been over a year, well over a year. I tried getting an explanation, I really did. I called repeatedly and talked to the same guy over the phone and on email. The only response I got was that the owner will tune my new ECU for free. No explanation of why my original ECU wasn't sent back to me and no explanation of why it had all these odd VINs from different countries on it. I asked all of these questions and just wanted to know why and how it could relate to the issue I was having, but I got nothing of the sort. I did my research prior to getting the "flash" on my ECU and went with them because they had great results. I had great results for a while, but then it disabled my car from running. The dealer told me that what was done to the ECU, the ECU that didn't come with my RZR, was the issue. What else am I supposed to believe if the guys from Evo don't tell me otherwise? That's my frustration.

Again, I'm super stoked at the people that have had great luck with their work. I did for quite a while. Honestly, if I had just been given some
legitimate explanation of how the above happened, I would've accepted it and moved on. But that has happened despite my efforts. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to accept a free tune on an ECU when my original questions aren't even answered.
Hello,

I am sorry about what happened with your ECU. I am one of the owners. Please DM me your phone number and I will call you so we can figure this out and get you sorted. - Todd
Well there you have it. That is stand up. Especially after the time frame. Kudos EVO.

Sam

·
Registered
349 Posts

Hello,

Well there you have it. That is stand up. Especially after the time frame. Kudos EVO.

Sam

Agreed ... In my haste to respond to this post I missed the timeline and assumed it was a matter of days that the problems showed up. Its great to see any company willing to stand behind their products and a willingness to resolve customer issues.

·
Premium Member
3,542 Posts
Hello,

Sam
I did not notice the timeline either. All my EVO stuff has worked well.

Agreed ... In my haste to respond to this post I missed the timeline and assumed it was a matter of days that the problems showed up. Its great to see any company willing to stand behind their products and a willingness to resolve customer issues.

·
Registered
206 Posts
It's good that Evo is willing to work with you even though it's been a year. However, let's not forget that Evo has been known to make promises they can't keep.
YES, I KNOW YOU ARE READING THIS EVO. WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR THE MAPTUNER FEATURES YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO GIVE US.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Whenever I got a tune from EVO I always purchased a new ECU and had them flash it and kept my stocker. Agreed on AA's tunes as I have both and in comparison AA's out perform EVO. With the PCVX you can check and clear codes and change tunes.

As a newbie, could you point me to more specifics and contact info for “AA” and who makes the “PCVX” as I want to have the capability to ‘play and reset/restore’ as needed. Thank you .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
For me Evo has gone way above board through out the past several years and helping me make my ride faster and fix a few problems. Sorry you had a bad Experince but there are very few companies that I have delt with over the past 10 years plus of owning side by sides that have been as good as Evo.
There are one of the best companies I have delt with. From time to time every company has an issue that might slip through the cracks but I’m sure they will help you.
Being real, it doesn’t matter how many miles, but after having something over a year, tell me how many other companies especially electrical item would do anything for you.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Old topic.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts