Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else receive a recall notice for the ECU not having a misfire detection calibration? Anyone have the recall work done yet and did it effect performance?

·
Registered
366 Posts
I had mine done yesterday havent noticed anything yet but havent got to open it up yet either i was told its retuning a couple sensors to help keep it from over fueling but idk

kodyskruizer

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Don't do it!!! Every time the belt slips it will throw a misfire code!! It will ruin your Rzr. My 16xp is in the shop now for the second time with the same problem. My buddies refused the flash and they have no issues what so ever. I repeat do not do it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
So belt slip then misfire code. Does that mean you have to take it in everytime to get the code cleared or does the code go away after some driving

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Depends. Most of the time it takes a new belt. Dealership said they fixed it. They loaded it on the trailer. I started it on the trailer at my house to unload. Bam same codes. Misfire cylinder 1 misfire cylinder 2. The belt they just put on didn't even have a mile on it. And they said it was belt slip. I call bullsh$&. The flash is junk. My Rzr ran strong before the flash. Now it sucks. Do some research on here and you will see. I was stupid and didn't refuse the flash. Now I have a lawn ornament .

·
Registered
297 Posts
the ecu flash just adds a misfire detection to the ecu so it can correct it. if you got a recall as i did its because certain ecu went out without a misfire detection in the stock programming . you will not feel nor does it effect performance.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
the ecu flash just adds a misfire detection to the ecu so it can correct it. if you got a recall as i did its because certain ecu went out without a misfire detection in the stock programming . you will not feel nor does it effect performance.

You'll see. That's the whole problem. I almost think that Polaris set it up this way so we have to buy more 200$ belts to make up for the last recall. Mines has had 6 belts on it since I bought it. It barely even has 1000 miles on it. My 900xp had one belt in 2700 hundred miles that I owned it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I just got my recall. This is a tough call. No problems at all so far but I sure don't want to go up in flames. What are the odds of this?

·
Registered
312 Posts
I did the ECU reflash recall on my 16' S model. So far no problems, don't notice any difference. I've flogged it pretty good since the reflash too, including deep snow with lots of tire spinning and potential for belt slippage from moisture. So far so good... Only thing left to test is high speed runs.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got the ecu recall done and I have had NO problems or issues yet. Power seems the same. I have only been able to put 24 miles on since the recall was done. Wisconsin weather isn't cooperating!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Good to hear the recall isn't causing problems for everybody. Is there anything else that could be causing Drizzledogs problems? He sounds like he really had it with this issue.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I have . Before the flash it ran flawless. Now I almost don't even want it back. Kinda sad. I hope it works out for all of y'all. Maybe they are doing a different flash on the 1000s. Idk. I'm just fed up with it

·
Registered
253 Posts
2016 1000S , had it flashed day or two after recall. No issues after about 15 hours. It does run cooler exhaust and maybe lil different when cold. I'd recommend it as it seems to start better when cold and the exhaust doesn't get hot like it used to.

·
trail buster
16 Posts
I was also concerned that I would loose performance after the re-flash but after a few posted on here I went ahead and had it done.
I am here to report that not only did I NOT loose any thing I may run a little better.
I have a small race and obstacle course set up that I play on. On the back stretch I used to be able to hit 68 mph. Now 70 is the number.

Oh, the dealer noticed that I had not placed the do not carry fuel sticker on it so he did! This thing is a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
380 Posts
I was also concerned that I would loose performance after the re-flash but after a few posted on here I went ahead and had it done.

I am here to report that not only did I NOT loose any thing I may run a little better.

I have a small race and obstacle course set up that my son and I play on. On the back stretch I used to be able to hit 68 mph. Now 70 is the number. I used to run dead even with my my son in his Maverick but he is for sure not happy now when I edge him out.

Oh, the dealer noticed that I had not placed the do not carry fuel sticker on it so he did! This thing is a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the update. Sounds like a good reflash.

I believe that the 1000S runs different tuning than the XP1000 as it has many different components...different cams, injection system etc. This may be why they run different after the ECM updates.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just had the recall done, had 3900 miles on it. And about 75 on the re flash now it starts better and more low and midrange. Makes me think about getting A tuner when I get 2018 1000 S hopefully the new body style will be out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts