Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 XP 1000

Rough idle with little to NO power and engine dies.

Conditions
Plugs - White/ running lean
Fuel pressure 65lb measured at the rail key on not running.
Running fuel pressure measured at the rail 70lb. I know this is high. I’ve switched out the regulator with a new unit and made no change.
Code 3056 2 - O2 sensor. This is on order.

Help me out here. Don’t know how you can be running lean with high fuel pressure. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
O2 sensor fixed the code and the machine runs better. I can actually drive it around now. The fuel pressure is still reading 78lbs and the plugs look like it’s running lean. Thoughts?

·
The Lone Rzr
2,281 Posts
That plug looks decent to me
Is it a new plug?
How did you do a plug reading?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That plug looks decent to me
Is it a new plug?
How did you do a plug reading?
Yes its a fairly new plug. I let it idle up to normal operating temperature and wrapped it up to so high RPMs a few time let it cool down and did inspection.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You got to love this. I decided to take it for a spin around the neighborhood and it had what sounded like a slight knock and sure enough it locked up. Luckily we were at a low RPM. Still don't know why the fuel pressure is reading so high. I thing the regulator on the rail may have problems. I'm going to test the pressure at the pump and maybe switch out to a billet fuel rail with a manual regulator. Anyway looks like I'll be looking for a short block and then rebuilding mine as a spare for next time this happens.

·
The Lone Rzr
2,281 Posts
It would have helped if we knew a little more of the history
Buying the rzr from a racer isn't the best scenario

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It would have helped if we knew a little more of the history
Buying the rzr from a racer isn't the best scenario
Well I’ve owned it for over a year with no problems so didn’t think it was relevant here. They just used this rig as a prerunner and it only had 500 miles on it when I bought it.

·
The Lone Rzr
2,281 Posts
Oh, sorry about that
Your post was from 6 days ago that you bought it
Did it run low on oil or something?
Pretty rare that they just seize up

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh, sorry about that
Your post was from 6 days ago that you bought it
Did it run low on oil or something?
Pretty rare that they just seize up
No worries, I should have been more clear. It’s been running but just barely up until yesterday when I switched the O2 sensor out and then it started running better at least to the point where I could drive it. Then I noticed a knock and boom one trip around the block and it locked up. I think a bunch of stuff went bad a once and that has had me chasing my tail. I like all this feedback though.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Did you change the FPR in the stock rail? If so how? I have a new one to install and have not done it, I dont know how to remove the old one. Thank you for any help.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did you change the FPR in the stock rail? If so how? I have a new one to install and have not done it, I dont know how to remove the old one. Thank you for any help.
I have not changed it but I did remove it and reinstall it. Its pretty easy just pull it off and push it back on. However I'm going to delete the factory rail and valve on the rail by going to a solid billet unit.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, it running now. Just broke in the new big bore 1100 engine. I can already tell it has a lot more power. While breaking it in I was still having some issues and it ended up being a loose wire inside one of the injector plugs. And yes aftermarket injector pig tails had already been installed. So in the end I had a lot of issues all happening at once.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts