Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
machine has set all winter i put dry gas in it hope that's the problem new spark plug but its running rich plug is black any ideas of what's problem? Haven't run it since I put dry gas in it.

·
Super Moderator
8,102 Posts
Valve timing. Common 570 problem.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
842 Posts
So I assume it ran good when you parked it? I would look at wiring connectors or damaged wiring especially for the map sensor

·
Super Moderator
8,102 Posts
So what causes the valves to get out of time? Chain tensioner or broken chain guides? Its only 5 years old.

John
Just wear on the tappets, I think. Or, depending on the engine, the buckets used for shimming. Some oils protect better than others; see the "best oil" threads and search "zinc".

·
Registered
187 Posts
Just wear on the tappets, I think. Or, depending on the engine, the buckets used for shimming. Some oils protect better than others; see the "best oil" threads and search "zinc".
Well valve timing and valve clearance are not remotely the same thing. That makes more sense knowing you ment v-clearance and not v-timing.

John

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sounds like the fuel has started to "gum" up and is clogging up the efi or MAP sensor. The dry gas might help or you may need to run some gumout or other injector cleaner through the system.

·
Super Moderator
8,102 Posts
Well, valve timing and valve clearance are not remotely the same thing. That makes more sense knowing you meant v-clearance and not v-timing.

John
OK, my bad. To get out of timing, it probably would have to jump a tooth or have serious chain stretch. I should have said valve clearance being out of adjustment is a common cause of back- or after-fire in the ProStar engines.

Reactions: Jeepster360
1 - 8 of 8 Posts