Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2012 RZR 800s Yoshihiro.
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Just did my first clutch on my son’s 2012 800s. Could not have been any easier and a simple process.
Yes it normally is an easy process. However, this is not the normal situation for the normal process. Glad it worked for you though hot shot

·
Registered
2012 RZR 800s Yoshihiro.
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Im fixing to do my first clutch, I hate hearing stuff like this it makes me more nervous to try
When the correct clutch is on the correct machine, it makes for a much easier process. Usually things go like they're supposed to. However, every now and then pick ups like I am dealing with happen. Just do your research and make sure you have the correct puller and take your time.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yes it normally is an easy process. However, this is not the normal situation for the normal process. Glad it worked for you though hot shot
Hot Shot? Com'n man. My comment was to Sethco1. BTW...Cut it off man!!! Just cut it off so the good people on here don't keep coming up with ideas to try.

·
Registered
'18 XPT
2,493 Posts
I'm curious. As several have suggested, can you not get a drill or tap in and cut new threads in? Seems like less damage potentiail than cutting if off. I'm sure there's a good reason, just thinking if you share why the next guy might know.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I went though same issue. I cut my puller into 2 parts. The end you can push into the hole and then start the threaded part. I think I actually cut about 1 inch out of the middle, but I can take some pics later. Worked perfect on mine. I also bought an aftermarket clutch. Cheaper than rebuilding and seems to work great all last season.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I will take some pics, this is an easy solution using a 2 piece puller I just made mine a 2 piece, dont panic, it took me 5 minutes to get the clutch off once I figured out the right length...

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Nothing yet. I am still stumped on what to do. Have to get it done this week though. Prob going to cut it off....
Dude don't cut it off you can damage crank shaft. You could use a bearing puller with a slide hammer or rig something up with a slide hammer. I'm guessing you aren't gonna reuse that cheap aftermarket clutch. If you aren't gonna reuse it then tap sheaves with hammer all the way around and it'll pop off. Well should pop off depends on corrosion.

·
Registered
2012 RZR 800s Yoshihiro.
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Dude don't cut it off you can damage crank shaft. You could use a bearing puller with a slide hammer or rig something up with a slide hammer. I'm guessing you aren't gonna reuse that cheap aftermarket clutch. If you aren't gonna reuse it then tap sheaves with hammer all the way around and it'll pop off. Well should pop off depends on corrosion.
Nothing yet. No, def not reusing the pos clutch when it comes off. Going with a hunter works primary and secondary. Zero corrosion on the clutch, it was just installed! What you mean tap the sheaves with hammer?

·
Registered
19 Posts
You still use both parts you just cut it so it can fit in. There is no reason it has to remain 1 piece and it wont hurt the crank either.

·
Registered
19 Posts
OK take your clutch puller cut out about 1 and 3/4 inches. If your puller looks just like mine I cut it out of the threaded part. Then you put the tip in as one piece and start screweing the threaded part in and it still pushes on the tip they just arent connected as one piece.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Race2rx,
The issue is he cannot find a puller that matches the threads in the clutch he is trying to remove.

2014RZR800sLE,
Can you measure or estimate the inside diameter (minor) of the threads in your problem clutch?
Maybe find a socket wrench that just fits and measure it (or describe brand & size)?
We should be able to find a bolt that will fit, be it Metric, SAE, or British Standard.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The way I read this is that he cant get the regular Polaris bolt style puller in because of the gas tank like we all have had happen, so he is trying top use a Jaw type puller and the threads in the stock bolt type puller will not match what is in the jaws puller. Sorry if I misunderstood, but I see your point if the clutch doestn have the correct threads machined into it.

Primary clutch stuck on. Just bought a 2014 RZR 800s Le for my son and a week after bought the primary clutch bearing has seized up. Guessing it is a cheaper eBay or Amazon clutch and no polar will fit it! The standard 800 puller is too large to fit the threaded part in the puller. Will fit in the hole, but the threaded part is too large!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Nothing yet. No, def not reusing the pos clutch when it comes off. Going with a hunter works primary and secondary. Zero corrosion on the clutch, it was just installed! What you mean tap the sheaves with hammer?
Just like I said. Tap all the way around it with a hammer. Some people do that with rubber mallet to get primary off. If you aren't gonna reuse it hit it all you want with a real hammer.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
When you finally get it off and test out the hunter works clutches put up a review. Curious on how hunter works perform. Do you get more power from them. What is the benefit of them? Just curious I've read they are good clutches but not sure what is the hype is about.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts