Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2012 RZR 800s Yoshihiro.
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Primary clutch stuck on. Just bought a 2014 RZR 800s Le for my son and a week after bought the primary clutch bearing has seized up. Guessing it is a cheaper eBay or Amazon clutch and no polar will fit it! The standard 800 puller is too large to fit the threaded part in the puller. Will fit in the hole, but the threaded part is too large!

·
Registered
2012 RZR 800s Yoshihiro.
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am aware of the water method, heat, etc. First things first and have to figure out a puller or bolt that will fit the primary first. Just ready to cut this thing off or pull the motor and crank out. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Lol don't go crazy pulling the motor man. Well you'd have to get the clutch off first anyway so. I know it's frustrating. You can make your own clutch puller. There are all kinds of videos on YouTube on how to do it. You just have to find out the right threads for that aftermarket clutch.

·
Registered
2012 RZR 800s Yoshihiro.
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm at that point on pulling the motor. Man I've been to threads of the South and tried matching up everything. And obviously I can't take the polar with me anywhere being stuck on the rzr. Add an absolute loss. Can these things be cut off?

·
Registered
2012 RZR 800s Yoshihiro.
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Lol don't go crazy pulling the motor man. Well you'd have to get the clutch off first anyway so. I know it's frustrating. You can make your own clutch puller. There are all kinds of videos on YouTube on how to do it. You just have to find out the right threads for that aftermarket clutch.
I'm at that point on pulling the motor. Man I've been to threads of the South and tried matching up everything. And obviously I can't take the puller with me anywhere being stuck on the rzr. Add an absolute loss. Can these things be cut off?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I'm at that point on pulling the motor. Man I've been to threads of the South and tried matching up everything. And obviously I can't take the polar with me anywhere being stuck on the rzr. Add an absolute loss. Can these things be cut off?
Not sure if they can be cut off. I don't think so. Without primary taken off you won't be able to pull motor. Watch some of the make your own clutch puller videos. See if it will give ideas. I know how you feel. When I bought my 12 800 I had to deal with the previous owners problems. Took me about 10 months to work out all the issues. Well I became a Polaris technician is the only upside lol. You could take it to a shop and see if they can get it off. It's worth relieving the aggravation. Good luck

·
Registered
83 Posts
Primary clutch stuck on. Just bought a 2014 RZR 800s Le for my son and a week after bought the primary clutch bearing has seized up. Guessing it is a cheaper eBay or Amazon clutch and no polar will fit it! The standard 800 puller is too large to fit the threaded part in the puller. Will fit in the hole, but the threaded part is too large!
What about running a tap in the hole. Not sure if the hub is hardened. I've had mine off with a 15 dollar threaded puller just for 800's. I'm sure you can torch it off but be careful. Keep the oil seal cold or you'll have more problems. Thin cut off discs work well. If I were you I would slam on the brakes and think about it some more. I'm sure it can be removed with a little bit of ingenuity. Be McGiver or call an old farmer. They can fix most anything with almost nothing.
st

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
What about running a tap in the hole. Not sure if the hub is hardened. I've had mine off with a 15 dollar threaded puller just for 800's. I'm sure you can torch it off but be careful. Keep the oil seal cold or you'll have more problems. Thin cut off discs work well. If I were you I would slam on the brakes and think about it some more. I'm sure it can be removed with a little bit of ingenuity. Be McGiver or call an old farmer. They can fix most anything with almost nothing.
st
Agree put the brakes on and let a cool head prevail. The clutch even if aftermarket has to have a brand on it or something right? If you see a brand contact them for a puller.

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
I agree, watch some of the videos on building your own. Take your clutch bolt to a bolt retailer in your area. If you can't do the welding ask a friend or local welding shop.

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Post some pictures of the clutch.
Maybe someone will recognize the clutch brand and/or model and be able to identify a puller that will fit the clutch.

·
Registered
2020 Polaris RZR Pro XP aka: The Bomb
1,139 Posts
Go to autozone/oreily/advance/pep boys, whatever store you have and “rent” a crankshaft pulley removal kit.

(the rental is free) but you put a deposit down for the price of the tool and get it back when you return it.

the large puller bolt should be the same threads as your clutch.

Put the cone shaped piece on the end and run it out. A strong impact works the best.

·
Registered
2012 RZR 800s Yoshihiro.
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Go to autozone/oreily/advance/pep boys, whatever store you have and “rent” a crankshaft pulley removal kit.

(the rental is free) but you put a deposit down for the price of the tool and get it back when you return it.

View attachment 669866

the large puller bolt should be the same threads as your clutch.
View attachment 669867
Put the cone shaped piece on the end and run it out. A strong impact works the best.
Thanks for the info. However, what makes you think that that will be the same threads as the clutch I am working with? The standard 800 puller is 3/4 in 16 threads per inch and the threaded part is too big and circumference to go into the puller threads. I appreciate that info. Think I'm getting ready to cut it off is my only option here.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Cutting it off is not a bad idea. I guess you can disassemble to a point where you can get at the center. You would need to be very deft with a cut off wheel and, as you know, damaging the crank shaft is the danger.

Post pics if you go this route please.

·
Registered
682 Posts
st
Yes, use a tap to determine the thread size, very simple.
Also talk to previous owner, find out who's clutch, the clutch seller should also sell a puller for it.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts