Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 800s. Had it out on trails and ran great for 2 days then started losing power, back firing and going into limp mode. Changed out fuel pump, coils, temp sensor. Will fun great about 10-15 min then Boggs down, lose power and backfires. Any ideas? Sensors?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Check your oil level, they run like crap when they get low on oil, if it is missing a quart you have to figure out where it went....often a dusted motor if you don't see a puddle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have replaced oil and filter. No visible cracks in exhaust. Still having problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally took it to the shop. Have to replace the engine. Any ideas where I can get one at a decent price?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have done top ends on both of mine and it's like $500 or something, really pretty easy on a pushrod motor. There is a pretty good youtube video, just watch that and do what he says and you will be good to go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If it runs I don't see why a whole new engine is required. What did the shop say was wrong?
. So the dealership said. "Alright we'll just in case I can't call you I picked it up a different guy asked me if I had any questions so I asked him what did they actually find he said that they tested the fuel pressure was 55 specs is 45 compression test both cylinders below spec audible ticking noise at idle highly likely camshaft and lifters are damaged oil level is low we do not provide Parts on Fuji engines because engines and parts have been discontinued. I asked him if I just need to do a rebuild he said more than likely they won't do you any good he said the 800s are notorious for the camshaft being really damaged and pushing everything up into the engine."

·
Registered
368 Posts
I have a 2014 800s. Had it out on trails and ran great for 2 days then started losing power, back firing and going into limp mode. Changed out fuel pump, coils, temp sensor. Will fun great about 10-15 min then Boggs down, lose power and backfires. Any ideas? Sensors?
Runs great for 15 minutes then craps out? That sounds like a crank sensor or something, not an engine. Sensors like to fail when hot then can come back to life when cooled off. Engines just don't do that.

I would ask for specifics on this one before I went that far.

EDIT, I see you got your specifics, doesn't make since why it runs great for 15 minutes though....Do you hear the lifter noise?

I think i would try a valve adjust first just in case one it too tight causing backfire and miss when hot.

·
Registered
368 Posts
You don't adjust valves on the 800s.

Parts are plenty available for them. With that statement right there is a warning sign for this shop. Take it somewhere else.. or better yet, tear into it yourself 🙂
They have hydraulic lifters? Not adjustable?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts