Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
NOOB
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CAN ANYPNE GUIDE ME AS TO THE BEST SIZE TIRE TO BUY? DUR TO PROBLEMS I HAD YESTERDAY I WANT TO BUT SOME 8 PLY TIRES AND A SPARE TIRE MOUNT.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's a pretty loaded question. It depends on a lot of things like what type of terrain you ride on and what mods are done to your machine. My stock 2013 XP4 had 29" tires on it which rubbed slightly on the front fenders. I added forward offset a-arms which eliminated that problem.

I have owned Tusk Terrabyte tires and Maxxis Bighorns. I have had no problems with either.

·
NOOB
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a pretty loaded question. It depends on a lot of things like what type of terrain you ride on and what mods are done to your machine. My stock 2013 XP4 had 29" tires on it which rubbed slightly on the front fenders. I added forward offset a-arms which eliminated that problem.

I have owned Tusk Terrabyte tires and Maxxis Bighorns. I have had no problems with either.
SORRY I REALIZED THAT ABOUT THE LOADED QUESTION AFTER THE POST. I LIVE AND RIDE IN SOUTHERN WEST VIRGINIA . MOSTLY THE OUTLAW TRAILS AND HATFIELD AND MCCOY TRAILS, SOME ROADS TO GET TO THE TRAILS, ROCKY MOUNTIANOUS TRAILS WITH LOTS OF ROCKS AND STREAMS LOADED WITH ROCKS, AND LOTS OF DEEP MUD HOLES. STOCK RZR 900 XP 4. GOING TO KEEP IT STOCK FOR THE FORSEEABLE FUTURE. WHAT SIZES CAN I UPGRADE TO? THE TIRES THAT THE DEALER PUT ON IT ARE 4 PLY!! SATURDAY I HAD SOMETHING POKE THRU THE SIDE WALL AND OUT THE BEAD. IT TOOK 4 PLUGS IN EACH HOLE AND ALOT OF RUBBER CEMENT TO GET BACK TO THE TRALER. I LIKE THE TIRES DESERT DOU POSTED IN THE ABOVE LINK WADDYA THINK.

·
NOOB
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
6 Posts
We have Tusk Terrabite on our 2009 2 seat 800. Went with 27x10 on all four corners. We like them a lot. Another friend has them in 30" on a 1000 RZR and likes them as well. I think they would be a good choice. I avoid mud as much as possible, so I can't speak to their performance there.

·
NOOB
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We have Tusk Terrabite on our 2009 2 seat 800. Went with 27x10 on all four corners. We like them a lot. Another friend has them in 30" on a 1000 RZR and likes them as well. I think they would be a good choice. I avoid mud as much as possible, so I can't speak to their performance there.
WE LOVE THE MUD

·
NOOB
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
NOOB
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WELL I JUST WENT OUT AND LOOKED AT THE TIRES I HAVE NOW THEY ARE SEDONA COYOTE'S AND LOOKED THEM UP THEY ARE NOT RADIANS EITHER.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
I love my Blackwater Evolutions, they are great in the mud for not being a mud tire. I am running 28x10 on all four on my 900xp with no issues. They are an 8 ply radial.

·
NOOB
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I love my Blackwater Evolutions, they are great in the mud for not being a mud tire. I am running 28x10 on all four on my 900xp with no issues. They are an 8 ply radial.
SHIT DUDE I WISH I SAW THIS 30 MINS AGO I HAVE SEDONA COYOTES THEY ARE 6 PLY BIAS ON MY RIDE NOW. HAD AN INCIDENT THAT DESTROYED ONE BACK TIRE ONLY ABOUT 400 MILES ON THEM. I SEARCHED ALL MORNING AND COULDNT FIND WHAT SIZE I COULD GO UP TO SO I JUST ORDERED AN EXACT REPLACEMENT FOR 98.00. I JUST LOOKED AT THESE TIRES YOU POSTED AND THIS I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT AND THEY ARE RADIAL AT THAT!!! FUCK ME. AMAZON KEEPS SHOWING TWO TIRES BUT THEY DONT SAY TWO TIRES FOR 207 DOES THAT SOUND RIGHT FOR TWO OF THESE?

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Mine is a 2 seater but it is the same as far as I know. From everything I have read you can go up to 30" with the fender mod but I haven't done it. I do have a slight rub once in a while with the 28" but nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm running 28x10 Tensor Regulators on my 2014 RZR 4 900. Probably not the best tire for mud though. They will just barely rub if your turning and hit a bump at the right angle but its really rare.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts