Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I joined this group because it looks like everyone is very helpful with helping figure out problems. I am completely stumped with what’s wrong with my razor. So 2 days ago it would start but and idle fine but when we drove it it would lurch back and forth. We took the injectors out and found out one was plugged so we changed the injectors and when we tried to start it again now it will turn over but won’t start. When we tried to start it and pressed on the gas it acts like it wants to start but it won’t. Prior to changing the injectors we got a new battery, fuel pump, throttle body, throttle position sensor, coil, spark plugs, crank position sensor, solenoid, temp sensor, cooling fan circuit break. Before changing the injectors it would at least start. I just don’t understand what happens. We have a friend with a razor and we took our ECU and put it in his machine and it started so that’s not it. We checked the plugs and there sparking but it doesn’t seem like the fuel is getting to the spark plugs. PLEASE HELP!!

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Still need to check the TSP. Have you checked spec's on the fuel pressure. Think that may be low. To low ago to be sure what it is suppose to be.

·
Premium Member
10,010 Posts
just had one with tps wire broke, pull on wires hard where they meet connector, common issue

·
timbest
20 Posts
So your heart aches began after you re installed injectors.....I wonder about pulling fuel rail and injectors as a unit and energizing to observe injection and pattern. Be aware fine spray will be highly flammable.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Yes it’s 39 pounds. We didn’t set the sensor because it was already on the new throttle body.
Something is wrong with the fuel pump, it should be 60psi IIRC, I know at least 50.

I don't know if it will run with low pressure but when I checked mine (2014 800)it shot up to 50 or 60 instantly
Thought it is suppose to be 60 psi. There in lies your problem. 39psi does not have enough pressure to force the fuel through the injectors when they open.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Pretty sure the 2008-2010 fuel pressure should be around 39psi, 2011-2013 fuel pressure should be around 42-45psi and 2014 should be 58psi. In 2014 they went to the xp900 fuel pump that why it is so much higher.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Thanks for the info, mine is a 14. Soooo being that his 39 is awful close to 42 it should at least start.Well, that ain't it.... I would spray carb cleaner in it and see if it runs to test for if it's fuel for sure, then check for injector pulse and go from there.

It's a used TB so don't know if the T Map and TPS are good I guess. But he has two of each now, hopefully at least one of each are good, maybe like someone said it's the famous broken wire at the plug thing...??

He also said he changed the injectors, I would go back to the originals and see it it at least runs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We tried the carb cleaner and it didn’t work. We took off the new injectors and made sure they were spraying fuel and they did. After we put the throttle body in it still ran. It wasn’t until after a few days after we put the throttle body in that it wouldn’t start. We’ve checked all the wires and all the grounds.

·
Registered
368 Posts
We tried the carb cleaner and it didn’t work. We took off the new injectors and made sure they were spraying fuel and they did. After we put the throttle body in it still ran. It wasn’t until after a few days after we put the throttle body in that it wouldn’t start. We’ve checked all the wires and all the grounds.
If it won't run on carb cleaner then it's spark. Have you checked for spark? Plugs fouled? Maybe you have a bad connection, wire, sensor..... Does it have any codes?

·
Registered
277 Posts
specs from 09 rzr 800 manual...

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts