Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i laid out the 13k and got the blue flame, after about 3 hour of riding on some very tight trails, the right front tire hit a tree, not going very fast, ripped the lower a arm tabs, bent the top ones back, snapped a ball joint, AND BENT THE FRAME! i have seen tricycles with stronger frames, i had no idea these machines where built so cheap.......what is the deal??? what the hell do i do now, i have not even made the first payment, is it me am i just a dumb a$$, i have ridden a predator for 4 years without ANY problems..........just took all the fun out of this crap....

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i had gotten a quote on friday from my agent, she said the only company that wrote insurance on those is Progressive and it was 630.00 a year with a 1k deductable, i thought i would think it over during the weekend and then the wreck, so to answer your question, no, the guy i ride with has a buddy at a high end body shop here and they are going to put it on the jig, he says he can fix it and add gussets and stronger a arm tabs, which all that is great and i don't mind paying, i just had no idea the frames were so weak, i hit the tree with only the tire an did this much damage, i had tricycles with stronger frames.......

·
Officially Addicted
694 Posts
State farm is about $300 a year and they buy you a new one or fix it if you wreck it. You should get medical too just in case something happens.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, my friend just said state farm is the way to go, so i will contact them and lower the deductable and add medical, thanks for your input, j

·
Premium Member
41,099 Posts
so i laid out the 13k and got the blue flame, after about 3 hour of riding on some very tight trails, the right front tire hit a tree, not going very fast, ripped the lower a arm tabs, bent the top ones back, snapped a ball joint, AND BENT THE FRAME! i have seen tricycles with stronger frames, i had no idea these machines where built so cheap.......what is the deal??? what the hell do i do now, i have not even made the first payment, is it me am i just a dumb a$$, i have ridden a predator for 4 years without ANY problems..........just took all the fun out of this crap....
It wasn't build to be a bull-dozer...:scared2: :scared2: :scared2:

I have State Farm Insurance and there great to deal with...

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL, no it's no bulldozer, R3meyer, no sir i was not on the brake.......

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Sorry about your misfortune that much money it's hard not to have insurance. When you look at a rig that weighs 1,000 lb plus and hit something like a tree or rock that doesn't move even if the frame was stronger it wouldn't be enough

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I have a 09 50" and I pay $12.97 month for full coverage and 500 ded.. With state farm..it was the best deal I found..although geico was only a few $ off..

·
Registered
186 Posts
I also recommend State Farm. I've only had to use it once, but they were good to deal with that time. Mine is a bit less than 300 a year, but i get a discount because i have so many things insured through them. On a side note, i never leave the point of purchase without insurance on anything. Good luck with the repairs!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have geico. It added about $200 a year but I also have a rhino and raptor on the policy. I couldn't believe the dealer let me take the machine off the lot without insurance. I thought if you financed you had to have full coverage.

·
Registered
370 Posts
State farm sucks, i had my policy with them at first because they were the cheapest. But they forgot to get me to sign a form declining uninsured motorist when i started the policy, so they sent me a letter a month or so later saying i owed them more money. I went and signed the form declining it thinking everything would be fine. I was wrong, they said i still owed them money from the start of the policy till i signed the letter. I told them i wasn't paying for their screw up and to fix it. They wouldn't, so I canceled the policy on the spot and got Geico for maybe a few dollars more a year. I will not do bussiness with a company that won't fix their own mistakes.

·
Scooterdog
713 Posts
First off I hope you are alright. Trees can be a real bummer on the body. It sucks you crashed your S.

I for one would not ride if I didn't have insurance just because you never know. As far as insurance I carry Allstate along with my home and other toys. My policy for my XP runs about 31.00 bucks a month and that is with full blown coverage and a 10k rider on my accessories. Two thumbs up for Allstate!

·
hey ya'll watch this....
1,304 Posts
Wow!! that sux! Hope your not injured, Good thing your buddy can take care of the frame at a discount maybe. I agree, the a-arms are a little thin, Im guessing Polaris was trying to keep weight down.. Just watch out for them trees lol.. Good Luck with the repair bud

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts
Back to the original question, I would check out some competent body shops that do frame straightening. Straighten it and gusset it then weld your a-arm tabs back on and gusset them (I think UTV Inc. sells a gusset kit). Replace the broken stuff and you good to go.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Guy's thanks for all the kind and funny words, as for being hurt i dont think i even came up off the seat, that's what gets me it just did not hit that hard. But whats done is done. After 4 years on the predator i had never heard or even dreamed of getting insurance on something like this. I can't believe that they will even right it, although i know they will, it be fully covered before it goes again. They are going to put it on the truck rack to square it up, he said the car rack would not be as precise, weld in some gusseting reinforce the a arm tabs and should be good to go. thanks again for your support, james "OAK TREE YOUR IN MY WAY"

1 - 20 of 31 Posts