Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for a ride this week end with my buddy and his brand new xp. After our ride we notice oil on his driver side trailing arm. Oil was driping out the bottom of the air scoop duct work where they have the drain for the debris to fall out from. This thing has like less then 50 miles on it. Has anyone ever had that happen to them?

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
If you checked it at the end of the ride, it would have given you a false reading. Your not supposed to check it right when your done riding. It sounds like it was overfilled to begin with. Clean everything up and then check it per the manual and see what happens on the next ride.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I had this happen to me last yr, I was using my transfer tank in my work truck to gas the XP, it turned out I still had quite a bit of diesel in the tank & the XP won't burn diesel! The diesel went past the rings into the lower end brought the oil level up substantially & vented into the air accumulator! I hope your friends problem is something this simple! Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
mine used 1.5 l in 165 miles , i bought it on a friday, rode it on the following sunday, we put 165 miles on it, i dropped it off monday, polaris dealer put in a new engine on tuesday, picked it up on wedensday. Mine had so much blowby it would blow your hat off lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts