Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1459089953.580007.jpg
Heres mine with a 6" chop and 2" seat drop. I've been wanting to do it since the day I brought it home... Finally got the nerve up to do it and I'm so glad I did!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Looks good. I did mine last year and now i may be getting the jagged x cage. I cant decide which one i like better. My cage is 3 inches shorter than the x is now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
ImageUploadedByRZRForums.net1468674179.487586.jpg ImageUploadedByRZRForums.net1468674222.839775.jpg . Just got my cage done. 4in in middle and 5 in rear. Cut above the bends. More work but I like how it makes the back bends at a greater angle. I take a better pic later. Haven't even got it off the trailer yet. Thanks to dons paint n body in parsons ks!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
We took 3 inches out of the center posts and 6 inches out of the rear ones. There is still plenty of room in the rear to fit 6ft+ people without worrying about hitting heads on the roll bar.

The factory poly top still fits perfectly and it didn't effect the stock seat belt mounts at all. Overall it turned out clean and factory looking, just 6 inches shorter.
Very nice job:smile

·
Registered
3 Posts
I worked in metal fabrication for years and starting building Late Model Dirt cars. I know a lot about the fabrication end of it. I just needed some measurements and pics to start. I didn't want to go into this blind because I start getting ideas and I would end of starting from scratch with a custom cage. I have done a custom cage in a Ranger that had been rolled several times. Like I said just needed measurements and pics. Thanks
Tlively, take a total of 6" out of the rear post. 1 1/2" below the bend and 4 1/2 above the bend. In the middle take 1 3/4 from the bottom bend and 1 1/4above the bend for a 3" total. the rear intrusion bars end up about 14 1/4" tall. And by bend i mean the bottom start of the radius below the seatbelts. I can email you some picts of where i cut if you pm me your email.
I would like pictures and more information of these exact locations

Sent from my SM-G955U using RZRForums.net mobile app

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just wrapped up the chop on my 2012 xp4 took 6" at the C pillar and 3" at the B pillar and cut the windshield hoop and rotated it down so everything lined up followed the same write up on here someone did with the exception of the rear braces.
I didn't like the look of simply chopping them shorter and having the gap between them get wider so I used a little muscle and bent them downward until they reached the centerline of the cage, cut cope and stick it.
While I was at it I removed the Net tabs and the Love handle smashing bars from the front door openings.
It took me longer to take all my accessories off the cage than the actual chop.
I removed the cage entirely and had it sandblasted and powder coated semi gloss Black in leu of the oem silver.
put it back together last night and added some teeth.
I hadn't really been in love with the 900 quite like I was with my 800s but I think i'm starting to catch feelings finally after staring at it a while last night.Edit: pics are all out of order but you can get the idea whats going on

Attachments

·
Registered
232 Posts
I also did a 6 1/2 chop and added rear extension. Looks so much better!

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same rzr, only it needs the cage chopped and doors. It seems the pro armor are no longer made for the xp4 900, I can’t find them anywhere. Where did you get the decals that match the factory scheme?

61 - 76 of 76 Posts