Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished my cage chop on our brand new XP4!! Super easy to do with a friend and a few basic tools.
Now it fits perfectly in our Weekend Warrior and cargo trailer.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We took 3 inches out of the center posts and 6 inches out of the rear ones. There is still plenty of room in the rear to fit 6ft+ people without worrying about hitting heads on the roll bar.

The factory poly top still fits perfectly and it didn't effect the stock seat belt mounts at all. Overall it turned out clean and factory looking, just 6 inches shorter.

·
Quicksilver
1,030 Posts
Okay guys, I desperately need to do this to mine. It's fits in my trailer fine, I just hate the stink bug look. I'm especially interested since your plastic top still fits.

PLEASE PLEASE post or send detailed pics and instructions how you did it!

Thanks guys. Here's my email if it's easier to send pics

[email protected]

Dean

·
Registered
619 Posts
if any one in newyork or newjersey area can do this please let me know asap i have 3 rzr 4's that need this done..

·
Registered
223 Posts
Guys, a quick search in the rzr4 section will give you everything you need to know...
That's where I got my info. There was one thread in particular that gave a step by step with pictures. I can't remember who's it was but I thank you.

The one that Wild Woody linked is good too. Rather than trying to "spred" the rear section, you can loosen the bolts, slip the ends over your sleeves, then tighten the bolts back up. Same result, less sweat & blastfemy...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine did and Holley chopped mine 8 inches and still fits great.
Thanks, What did Holley charge you? Maybe I will take mine to a local fab shop to see what they would charge.I would do it myself but I just don't have the time or tools. I am having issues with fitting the RZR in the garage on the trailer.

Thanks again,

Anthony

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you cut the right parts in the correct places everything fits on the cage perfectly. We took six inches from ours and it still works for a 6 ft 3 guy in the back seats. Not sure what 8 would be like. Good luck!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey badtoyz im getting ready to chop my cage just like you did but im wondering how did the transition go on the top part of the cage. It seems that you would have to make some bends on the top bars but im just wondering how you did yours thanks

·
Registered
119 Posts
That's what I'm talkin about, the 6 and 8 inch chops look way better. I'm in Phoenix area. Does anyone know a good fab guy here in AZ?
Thanks guys.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts