Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will be my first GNCC, i'm runningg my 2012 S in the stock/novice class.

I'm just worried about passing inspection.

Currently have:
doors
bumpers
all stock

Questions:
i have superatv 3-pt harness, will these pass or no? I've seen video and people used stock seat belts?

fire extinguisher? is it an absolute must?

race suit, i have a single layer race suit, but could i get away with just regular motocross gear?

and finally the kill switch/power disconnect?

i'm only racing this one race this year.

I have little money and need to do bare minimum, but at the same time safety is key.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hey Kohl, I would take that fire suit, they check for them at tech, you have to have a fire hood under your helmet this year and fire gloves. Its all in the rules. They check it all too! I will be there again this year too. Stop by and say HI. I will be in the Wolfpack trailer from Casey.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Kohl, I would take that fire suit, they check for them at tech, you have to have a fire hood under your helmet this year and fire gloves. Its all in the rules. They check it all too! I will be there again this year too. Stop by and say HI. I will be in the Wolfpack trailer from Casey.
I seen some of your previous posts, I thought that was you. I'll be sure to bring that suit and grab a fire hood and gloves, i'll be sure to come by!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Its a really fun time, just take it easy and dont try to push it too hard too early. Dont forget you have to have a passenger too.

·
Registered
40 Posts
We really wanted to run this race but we are not going to make it, we have only had our XP for two weeks and I just can't afford to get doors and everything else that quick.
One question though, are XP's to wide to really race competitive in GNCC? I mean if money were no object should I narrow mine for next year?
We went to a race in WV and walked a lot of the track and it did not look to narrow to me, We are hoping to make it to the Iron Man and do the same. My wife and I want to run the full season next year, it was the main reason we bought the thing

·
Registered
158 Posts
The maximum width is 62" and a stock XP is 64". XP's win it most of the time now. But you are talking 4 grand to narrow one up to be legal. There are some spots at Crawfordsville that are tight enough you rub going through.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts