Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Just call me Bob
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had spent a few years researching and looking for a nice toyhaluer that the wife would mind "roughing it" in LOL. We had went to may RV shows read everything I could find online, etc. Last year we finall pulled the plug and ordered a Heartland Cyclone 3800HD 5th wheel Toyhauler. Many or the toyhaulers out there have an interior that screams "man cave" or fabric designs that apprear it made from a pimps outfit. We found the Ceder interior color options were far more "residential" looking that anything else we could find on the market. We took possession of it about a year ago (Aug 2011) and have been able to go camping / riding for about 6 weeks in it since. This toyhauler has a 12' garage and will hold a 50" RZR and 2 regular Quads in the garage.

The wife and I absolutely love it and it really does have all the comforts of home. The only caveat is the size it was listed at 40' 11" for the 2010 model we thought we were getting a holdover of a 2010 or 11 model. What came in was a 2012 model and this thing is litierally 45' long from the goodneck adapter to rear. Coupled with my pickup it is 68' long overall. The length aside we have spent a few weeks in freezing weather and stayed toasty warm no problems. With the drop down beds option in the garage you can easily sleep 10 ppl having 4 Queen Beds and 1 Full bed if needed. also the 2nd restroom in the garage is awful handy to use without tracking up the main living area.

My tow vehicle is a 2011 Ford F350 SD SRW w/ 6/7L Diesel I now have about 50K miles on it and have had zero problems. Of the 6K towing the trailer (17K) loaded this thing handles it superbly even through the appalachian mountains. My axle ratio is 3:55 with the electronic locking differentials.

I had a few hairy climbs with this and the camper, made reservations at Twin Hollow Campground near Gilbert WV. They idicates it was on top of a mountain for excellent views it certainly lived up to that but the 17% grade climb (on gravel) for 2 miles will pucker you right up. We made it up and down ok but when they have a n endloader on hand as backup you know there have been some issues. When we got to the top there was a Calss A moterhome and a 30' stacker trailer w (4) XP900's I said no F'n way did the get up here, the fella owned up stating he was towed up all the way by the endloader we both had a good laugh over that.

Just 4 short years to retirement (i hope) and plann on being on the trails more than at home. just thought i would share my positive experiences with this toyhauler and pickup.

·
Registered
13,408 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Really like the setup you have. Been checkin out the toyhaulers myself lately. I also would like to make it out to WV to ride.

post up some pics if you can.

·
Addicted
3,649 Posts
Welcome. Heartland makes a very nice TH. I certainly am jealous.

I have been up that hill before, and yes the pucker factor could get high pulling that rig! Congrats on your purchase.

·
Just call me Bob
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congratulation and post some pictures, I will really like to see photo how you put two regular size quads and RZR in the 12 ' garage.
milos
Two ways actually, one is a bit a pain but more room for other "stuff"

Using an ATV jack push the RZR into the garage sideways the load the two quads side by side like typical. the RZR is 50" wide, and my honda Rincon is 6' 11" this totals 11'1" front to back,so you have a little wiggle room but not much. My second quad is a Rancher 420 AT it is about 3" shorter than the Rincon.

The second method is to drive in the RZR like normal, push pull wiggle (carefully I might add) the 1st ATV (Rancher AT) beside the RZR, then (with help) bring the second ATV up behind the 1st ATV and lift the front end up onto the rear rack of the first quad. The front tires of the first quad are ahead if the RZR front tires they overlap about 1.5" It is a workout cramming them in but much cheaper than an additional vehicle n trailer, definately not worth the work for short weekend trips but doable.

Once you figure it out the first way is MUCH simpler. However since I have added the front and rear bumpers it will not go in the first method any longer.
The GARAGE IS EXACTLY 8' 1" wide and a stock RZR is 8' long very tight fit but possible.

·
Registered
65 Posts
can fit two banshees standing up on there rear bumper againts the front wall
and drive the rzr strait in

done this in a 12 ft enclosed trailer before

·
TURBO'S RULE
1,772 Posts
Congratulation and post some pictures, I will really like to see photo how you put two regular size quads and RZR in the 12 ' garage.
milos
Two ways actually, one is a bit a pain but more room for other "stuff"
Using an ATV jack push the RZR into the garage sideways
The GARAGE IS EXACTLY 8' 1" wide and a stock RZR is 8' long very tight fit but possible.
Sideways ??? Damn... Tight,... a nun is tight, thats... idkw, but more than tight.
Please post pics/vids of that load, and pushing rzr in sideways...

Thats a very nice rig you got there.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Congratulations!!! Have EXACT setup. Have not used much, acquired Cyclone 11/2011. Hope to cross trails one day, although I'm in deep east Texas and really have no plans on extensive travel. Again congratulations and God bless! Would post pictures but not that savvy yet (lol)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Nice set up!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts